Home

Have you always had to snap the ball in Coach mode??

This is a discussion on Have you always had to snap the ball in Coach mode?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
Have you always had to snap the ball in Coach mode??

NCAA 12 was the last college game I played. I played only coach mode and started off as a defensive coordinator. While I enjoyed the game, I never finished my 2nd season.
Now I have a rented copy and decided to start as an offensive coordinator. I kept getting delay of game penalties until I realized that I have to snap the ball myself, even in coach mode.
Has this always been the case for OC and HC? The user has to snap the ball? It's not that big a deal but does take a little steam out of it.

Also, as OC, there were times when on offense the game was asking if I want to sim or skip ahead. I'M THE OC IN COACH MODE! OF COURSE NOT! I wanted to call plays but it didn't always allow it. Maybe I did something wrong. Any help/input would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Have you always had to snap the ball in Coach mode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravit
NCAA 12 was the last college game I played. I played only coach mode and started off as a defensive coordinator. While I enjoyed the game, I never finished my 2nd season.
Now I have a rented copy and decided to start as an offensive coordinator. I kept getting delay of game penalties until I realized that I have to snap the ball myself, even in coach mode.
Has this always been the case for OC and HC? The user has to snap the ball? It's not that big a deal but does take a little steam out of it.

Also, as OC, there were times when on offense the game was asking if I want to sim or skip ahead. I'M THE OC IN COACH MODE! OF COURSE NOT! I wanted to call plays but it didn't always allow it. Maybe I did something wrong. Any help/input would be appreciated.
I just recently converted to coach mode...lol...after only playing online and offline dynasty's...and I gotta say I LOVE IT AND I'M HOOKED!!!

I followed NOLEFAN and others advice and I hear what you're saying about having to snap the ball but by being able to control other aspects like audibles, motion, etc, it more than makes for it...I wish that a video game could handle the snap,and other human elements but it is what it is... I enjoy how the ratings play against each other and I have had some of the best games EVER on the NCAA series to date...I have it seton auto pass and I make my OC adjustments and then player lock on a lineman...then you snap the ball and start screaming at the tv like never before! Lol ...seriously...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm a massive coach mode fan too. And yes, you have to snap the ball, which I don't mind since it allows me to control tempo and call audibles, etc.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3

Well when I got home last night from work, I played about 2 games from two dynasties that I'm "testing" out at the moment since the game is a rental (I want to see how much can make me commit to purchasing). I have to admit, even though I prefer to not to snap the ball, it does appear to be a very small price to pay. I enjoyed playing the game a lot.

In one dynasty, I'm the OC for MTSU. Once I found who the playmakers were, I was able to make good use of them and their abilities. I lost the game but it was still enjoyable. In the other, I'm the HC of Memphis and won that game 14-0. Two field goals, one TD, and a 2 pt conversion. Awesome fun.

What really made it fun was strategizing the offensive and defensive adjustments of playstyle to better fit my players, not necessarily my playstyle. It'll be interesting to see how recruiting goes when I want to input my playstyle in for future seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »