Home

Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

This is a discussion on Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

Man, I don't what you guys are doing right, because I gotta work my freaking *** off to pull a good class! And I'm finally a 6-star school!

Thus, I'm in the minority and hate to say it, but I have no house rules. And for me, the AI recruiting is stingy as hell. I rarely get the guys I truly want. I usually have to settle for another recruit of same caliber who shows me interest, but not with the skill sets I look for.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower74
Man, I don't what you guys are doing right, because I gotta work my freaking *** off to pull a good class! And I'm finally a 6-star school!

Thus, I'm in the minority and hate to say it, but I have no house rules. And for me, the AI recruiting is stingy as hell. I rarely get the guys I truly want. I usually have to settle for another recruit of same caliber who shows me interest, but not with the skill sets I look for.
It is a huge pain in the *** to bring in great classes, especially before your recruiting tree is filled. I started as a coach with a highly leveled tree, and dumped *all* my first few levels into filling it completely. The first few years are still difficult, but with the extra 5,000 points and 700 per player, it makes a huge difference. That said, if your school is not very good, it still takes a lot of time.

By the way, the "insta commit" trait isn't as great as it sounds, even fully leveled it doesn't work "20%".

The big thing abotu recruiting now is you just have to know when to give up on guys. In the past, you could ignore that the other schools were a better fit, and just keep pressing 'em. There's no hope in those cases this year. Learn to let go and scout some other guys.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Insta-commit is still broken. All you have to do is turn autosave off and keep resetting.

My rule is simple: The AI does all my recruiting, though I am allowed to set the recruiting board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Insta-commit is still broken. All you have to do is turn autosave off and keep resetting.

My rule is simple: The AI does all my recruiting, though I am allowed to set the recruiting board.
How do you AI to auto-recruit? I'm trying another offline starting as a DC, but I don't want to recruit until I'm offered a HC gig. I looked initially, but didn't find it.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Go into recruiting and on the far right it says options or what not, in there you can have them do recruiting, when ever you start a dynasty they also have it set up for the ai to help you, I always turn it off
Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay415
Go into recruiting and on the far right it says options or what not, in there you can have them do recruiting, when ever you start a dynasty they also have it set up for the ai to help you, I always turn it off
Ohhhhh ok, got it, THANKS!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

I usually try to do my recruiting based of the *-prestige rating of the school I'm at

1- Can recruit players 1* above level from home state, plus one long shot recruit (like the top player in the state or something)
2- Can only recruit players at same star level from pipeline states
3- Can only recruit players 1* level below school level from non-pipeline states, which would mean none at a 1* school until its a 2* program
4- Can recruit any JUCO player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Please Share Your House Rules For Recruiting

I'm in 2019 with Michigan and haven't used house rules yet (other than my standard "only recruit to 70 players). I started at lvl 1 on slow progression so I just got to 23 points spent in recruiting and will need to come up with some house rules. I needed 17 kids for this class and I'm going to sign
Every
Single
Recruit
On whom I spent time.

All 17 will be signed before the offseason and I've already signed 11 by week 7, including 6 5* and 4 4*. It's really stoopid.

Anywho, my house rules will likely be to limit my recruiting coaching tree. This is my first season with maxed insta commits and I insta signed 4 kids out of about 9 chances (with no reload cheating of course). Kitchen sink and royal treatment are GROSSLY overpowered too so I'll likely go with these rules.

No more than 2 points spent in the following skills:

kitchen sink
royal treatment
insta commit
opener
closer
the offseason points/% chance to steal skill

I'm pretty sure that I can't limit myself on all of those and still hit the 20 point prereq for insta commit. If so then I'll probably get kitchen sink 3 and just never spend more than 600 on anyone.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »