Home

Identical Sim Results

This is a discussion on Identical Sim Results within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Identical Sim Results

I'm a Sooner fan, but I control Tulsa because it's more challenging. In previous versions, I cheesed wins for OU by re-simming some losses, usually against Texas.

In 14, I can sim a game and then exit the game without saving, go back in and the second (and third, and forth) sim result is the exact same. How is this possible? I've seen it multiple times and everything is identical down to the scoring playing and stats.

What gives? It's like the game isn't being simmed at all, it's more like the outcome is predetermined while advancing the week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Identical Sim Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Eats a Cracker
I'm a Sooner fan, but I control Tulsa because it's more challenging. In previous versions, I cheesed wins for OU by re-simming some losses, usually against Texas.

In 14, I can sim a game and then exit the game without saving, go back in and the second (and third, and forth) sim result is the exact same. How is this possible? I've seen it multiple times and everything is identical down to the scoring playing and stats.

What gives? It's like the game isn't being simmed at all, it's more like the outcome is predetermined while advancing the week.
That's because the games for that week were simmed the previous week.

Because of the addition of studio updates, games are now simmed when you advance the week.

For instance, if you finish week 1's game, then click to advance the week, the loading screen will say "preparing studio updates" or something like that, and that is when all of week 2's games are simmed.

If you want to reload and re-sim, then you'll have to reload to a save point that is before you advance the week.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's because the games for that week were simmed the previous week.

Because of the addition of studio updates, games are now simmed when you advance the week.

For instance, if you finish week 1's game, then click to advance the week, the loading screen will say "preparing studio updates" or something like that, and that is when all of week 2's games are simmed.

If you want to reload and re-sim, then you'll have to reload to a save point that is before you advance the week.
This doesn't count for user games right? Cause I have had different sim results for my games if I don't save and back out and try again.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules50
This doesn't count for user games right? Cause I have had different sim results for my games if I don't save and back out and try again.
Correct. It assumes you'll play the game yourself, and will wait until you choose to simulate it to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Wait, is 126 team control possible?
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
Correct. It assumes you'll play the game yourself, and will wait until you choose to simulate it to do so.
That's different from last year. I hated that part
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Wait, is 126 team control possible?
where in the world did you get that idea from this thread? No.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »