Home

power backs and trucking

This is a discussion on power backs and trucking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon10 power backs and trucking

So I am switching over to a new dynasty where I will be using a bunch of power backs rather than the balanced/speed backs I normally use.

I am pretty comfortable with using stiff arms/jukes/spins etc, but cannot seem to be able to use the trucking move consistently so I am looking for tips for how to do so.

According to the load screen, you activate it using R3 on ps3. Are you supposed to press it briefly before contact or hold it? And should you also do the falling forward (up on right stick) move too? Any one who has any insight on this move would be welcome

Edit: sorry for that huge smiley on the thread header, typed this in my phone and must have hit it

Last edited by aerovt; 09-05-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: power backs and trucking

I have a power back in my main offline dynasty and guy’s a BEAST. ISO’s are almost a guaranteed 5-6 yards with him. My speed back? Not so much. What I do is when I’m running between tackles and contact is coming, I just push “UP” on the right stick and he trucks (90 truck) right through for at least 4 yards a pop. If I bounce with him to the outside (he has 89 speed, too) and I feel contact coming, I’ve noticed that pushing R3 has a more solid effect than just pushing UP on R3. So basically; between tackles push up. Bounced to outside, press R3. Stiff arms with him work on the outside too (92 stiff arm). My guy is a bull.

And ALWAYS, when you're being tackled, hold up to fall forward. I've run him consistently for TDs from 4 yards out by falling forward through 3 defenders. Make sure your dude has a good carry rating though. Luckily, my guy has 95 carry.

Have fun bulling over everyone! It's awesome being on the giving end for a change!

Last edited by BoltThrower74; 09-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I too have wondered about this. Is trucking done correctly by pressing in the R3 button, or by pushing it upwards? Would love to hear some feedback on this issue!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

No No No you don't 'press' R3 you hold it forward to truck people. That's the only way. If you hold it too long without contact your player will began to fall over, so use it right before contact. That screen that says to press R3 to truck is wrong.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
No No No you don't 'press' R3 you hold it forward to truck people. That's the only way. If you hold it too long without contact your player will began to fall over, so use it right before contact. That screen that says to press R3 to truck is wrong.
Figured that was the way it was. I always push it up, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something more effective. Love having a 240lb. power back bulling thru the line!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
ok cool. Been programmed to use the up on R3 since NCAA11 or whatever, just thought the R3 press was something new
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

If you really want to see some good trucking, watch the CPU use a Pocket Passing QB in the read option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »