Home

Anyone Else Has This Freezing Issue On Dynasty Mode...?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Has This Freezing Issue On Dynasty Mode...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #25
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Anyone Else Has This Freezing Issue On Dynasty Mode...?

This happened last year too, and my online dynasty froze once so far in NCAA 14.

This trick worked, but not sure if it is the be all, end all fix: Create a dummy dynasty, sim some weeks, and save that dummy dynasty. Then back out, and go back into your real dynasty and play/save, etc. You should be good.

If you are playing an online dynasty, always choose No when it asks if you want to save. Use the R2 refresh button (PS3) when you are in the dynasty screens to refresh it and upload to the server.

No guarantees, but it worked for me so far. But I'm not using any custom playbooks or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. It is SO annoying. I started a dynasty the other day, and into week 3, the game has froze 5 straight times on me. Twice I couldn't even turn the playstation off through xmb, had to do a hard reset. Three times it froze in the 4th quarter. All before the game ended.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my Offline Dynasty on PS3. Froze after playing two different games (simmed to catch up in between games, so I didn't complete any games in between the two that I played). Haven't played any other games in my dynasty. In fact, I haven't even went to the Scores/Schedule page. Both of my freezes were during the postgame part of the game where the XP is adding up.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
In my Offline Dynasty on PS3. Froze after playing two different games (simmed to catch up in between games, so I didn't complete any games in between the two that I played). Haven't played any other games in my dynasty. In fact, I haven't even went to the Scores/Schedule page. Both of my freezes were during the postgame part of the game where the XP is adding up.
I just had this happen to me twice tonight, too. It froze right after the game finished while it was showing game highlights and adding up XP. I'm like 10 games into my season and it had only happened once or twice before tonight.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

tried restoring file system and rebuildiung the databse but the gamke still freezes up at pregame....all the other games don't freeze on me at all...guess ncaa football was just way buggy at release. too bad we can't email ea sports tech support and complain
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

Mine has done it twice in a row now!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

I deleted my stadium music and haven't had any issues since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
I deleted my stadium music and haven't had any issues since.
Yeah, sorry basically double-posting (said the same thing in another thread), but after being PLAGUED with freezes in 13, and then having two freezes my first two games with 14, I said screw it, deleted my stadium sounds, and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Glad I can finally play, but this is effing BS. I love CSS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »