Home

Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run.

This is a discussion on Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Manually Controlling Safety to Stop the Run.

If you audible to a pass play (or call a pass play), have you tried to slide protect to pinch protection? I'm guessing he is coming up the middle I he is hitting you so quick. You may give up some protection outside on DEs and OLBs, but it will still give you more time. Not even sure how it would work against that tactic.

Is he timing your snap? Have you tried changing snap counts on him?

I know you probably don't want to do this, but if nothing else works, you may need to add a shotgun formation or two and hope the RB can pick him up in pass protection. Run some read option out of it and keep him honest.

I usually control a safety on defense too. I like to recruit someone fast who can tackle, so I can run cover two man and play up in the box at the start of the play, but still be able to get deep on a pass play. But I have never used this exploit... I stick to my assignment unless its play action, then I will typically go after QB since I am already committed toward the LOS.

Another thought...

I haven't tried it, but can you still send a blocker in motion across the formation, but snap the ball when he reaches the QB and have him block strait ahead? I dunno if this still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by bgeno; 09-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill25
I love this idea, just can't get it to consistently be a threat. It's the damnedest thing!!! Literally as I am dropping back, I have to hit the icon I am going to throw to....probably 50% of my passes. No time to read anything at all. He also is one of those 5 wide scramble until someone is open guys. I have to spy like 2-3 guys to keep his QB in check!
against 5 wide run 4-2-5 okie across double A blitz . spread the line backers and press
Old 09-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
So am a bit frustrated here. I like to think of myself as a sim player, running a similar type of offense as the Nebraska teams of the 90's. probably a 70-30 run pass ration with power runs, counters, and options. I am using charters heisman ratings based sliders, very slightly modified, which I love, and have GA Tech in my 3rd season.

So here's the problem....I am in an online dynasty with 3 of my best friends. They are all running spread offenses and putting up huge passing numbers while I pound away with my option attack. I have one friend in particular, that when we play he ALWAYS controls the safety and brings him up inside the box. As soon as I snap the ball he is pushing my line back and making contact with my blocking back. My RB is getting hit 1-2 yards behind the LOS and has to break a tackle for positive yardage. The problem is I know he Is doing this....audible to a quick pass, but because of the tremendous rush, I can't even complete my drop without getting hit half the time.

It is very frustrating, as I feel like it takes all strategy out of the game. I should be able to carve him up with Seam routes and posts but my TE's and WR's can't even finish their route before I get hit. It's crazy that I can't run this style offense with the right personnel, even when I properly mix run/pass.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to conform to running spread like everyone else because the game is just too easy to exploit in this instance?
It sounds like your friend is TURBO BLITZING you. Its an exploit in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatone09
It sounds like your friend is TURBO BLITZING you. Its an exploit in the game.
I've never heard of this before (since I don't play randoms and play in a sim OD) so I googled it and found a youtube video.

That's pretty f***ing terrible and I'm so thankful that I don't play people that do BS like that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Run more trap options.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #14
Pro

Refuse to play him, obviously you're not going to boot him from the league because you're friends, but you can tell him you're not going to play him because he's a cheeser.

2020: 52-39
Old 09-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

just have 3 recievers, have two run short routes and one deep, if none are open, there should be enough blocking to open up a running lane. I usually run two drags on the outside and a slot post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
Rookie

longball5187's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
So am a bit frustrated here. I like to think of myself as a sim player, running a similar type of offense as the Nebraska teams of the 90's. probably a 70-30 run pass ration with power runs, counters, and options. I am using charters heisman ratings based sliders, very slightly modified, which I love, and have GA Tech in my 3rd season.

So here's the problem....I am in an online dynasty with 3 of my best friends. They are all running spread offenses and putting up huge passing numbers while I pound away with my option attack. I have one friend in particular, that when we play he ALWAYS controls the safety and brings him up inside the box. As soon as I snap the ball he is pushing my line back and making contact with my blocking back. My RB is getting hit 1-2 yards behind the LOS and has to break a tackle for positive yardage. The problem is I know he Is doing this....audible to a quick pass, but because of the tremendous rush, I can't even complete my drop without getting hit half the time.

It is very frustrating, as I feel like it takes all strategy out of the game. I should be able to carve him up with Seam routes and posts but my TE's and WR's can't even finish their route before I get hit. It's crazy that I can't run this style offense with the right personnel, even when I properly mix run/pass.

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to conform to running spread like everyone else because the game is just too easy to exploit in this instance?

If you want to run the ball, don't pull a guard. Run zone blocking schemes and try to stay in the A gap. Depending on where the pressure is coming from, dives or slams work best.

If you want to throw, use a 2 TE set and keep the in line TE into block. Use slants, curls, and short ins to get the ball out in three steps. Use your protection adjustment to pinch your line and that should give you enough time to make a read and deliver the ball.

This usually works for me, but you HAVE to run the ball. You will be able to get a few chunk yards and they'll start to back off. However, I don't use the double wing, so I'm not sure how it translates. I usually use Iowa's playbook and run singleback formations and throw a lead block in on short yardage downs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »