Home

Is the read option cheese?

This is a discussion on Is the read option cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the Read option a cheese play?
Yes, it is 24 24.49%
No, it is not 74 75.51%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is the read option cheese?

I'm willing to bet it's because the QB is in the process of the handoff animation and for whatever reason, there's no way to interrupt it. It happens all the time in EA games, it just happens to make it crippling in this case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
1. the lack of defensive pressure and penetration, especially by the D-Lineman.
2. I can't even remember how many times I've seen a safety or LB just plain not react at all to a ball carrier running RIGHT at them.
3. you can run the read option with any QB in the game.
4. if you don't set the adjustment for read option to "Aggressive", every time the LB follows the RB, everyone else will as well, and most likely the QB will have tons of daylight to run.
5. for some reason all QBs have access to the same skills at RBs in terms of breaking tackles - I've probably seen more QBs truck a LB or D-Lineman than I have seen a QB get lit up and/or hurt.
Exactly right.

Also, block shedding on read option is not the same as during typical runs. Quite a few other issues some people have noted. I only play offline so I don't know about other guys doing it.

If you can shut this play down, good for you. I'll learn eventually. But if you're not seeing these issues when the play is called, I'd like to know what sliders/levels you're playing on.

Be cool.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #27
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Played someone last night and lined up ace twins and no huddle with this play all the way down the field. How did I stop it?? Had to go to dime and run commit every down. Lol
Old 09-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

When you have 70 SPD/ACC QBs breaking it for 10 yard gains, it's definitely cheese. The LBers get faked out way too easily and the DL can't their blocks.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #29
Rookie

Not to beat a dead horse but I just discovered through practice mode that if you user the def player being read by the QB, you cannot control how the player reacts. If the AI says stop and dance for the QB, then you will and the QB will hand it off. Or vice versa.

Again, most people don't care if the play beats us, it's how it's beating us. Oh well. It's the biggest problem I have with this game so that's not bad.

Be cool.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

A little off topic (didn't want to start a new thread)....but has anyone ever had success with the shovel option against the CPU? And by that, I mean the first option, the shovel...not taking it outside. It is really fun in the skills trainer, but in an actual game, it seems the CPU defenders crash on that guy EVERY time.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

Mack Brown: "What the hell happened out there on defense Manny?"

Manny Diaz: "Idk coach, BYU's read options is cheese"

Mack Brown: "You're fired"
.................................................. ..............................................
Mack Brown: "What the hell happened out there Greg?"

Greg Robinson: "Idk coach, Ole Miss's read option is cheese. Bo Wallace isn't fast enough to be able to run it properly, its cheese I tell you"

Mack Brown: "TBD" (09/16/13)

The read option is not cheese. Its one of the hardest plays if not the hardest play to stop in real life football. Just ask Mack Brown lol

Set your option play to aggressive and manually control a safety/lb and hope you make the tackle. Manually set some guys to qb spy or flat zones. There are ways to stop it they just aren't going to work every time. Just like real life.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #32
Rookie

In other threads, a lot of guys were saying it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »