Home

Coach Mode And Open Field Runners

This is a discussion on Coach Mode And Open Field Runners within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Coach Mode And Open Field Runners

Hey fellas...Just picked up the game about 2 weeks ago and I'm already into season 3 playing coach mode...really liking it...Wondering if any of my fellow Coach Mode players are seeing players in the open field start to wobble and move on their axis instead of running a straight line???

Happens mainly with a RB or a TE that has broken free and is being pursued from behind or at an angle...It really slows the player down too...Don't really see it when it comes to WR, EXCEPT for once a couple days ago and the WR used that waggle running to avoid a shoe string tackle and score...

I may have to check out some of the sliders for coach mode so if anyone can give me a link to the set you are using or if you have your own home set you like I'm open to checking them out....Right now I'm play AA, coach mode calling plays as an OC only and the only tweak I have is that the HUM RB is raised to 65...I raised it up because I wasn't seeing highly rated RB make cuts...they were running to the outside too much...Penalties are tweaked too on 9 min qtrs...

As always, thank you for your feedback...

Last edited by RDMercer; 09-11-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Coach Mode And Open Field Runners

I am a coach mode guy as well... I don't know if I have seen that particular thing you are talking about, but the open field running in coach mode is terrible in general. Players will run east-west behind the LOS when there is a hole right in front of them, where the play is designed to go. It can certainly be frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Coach Mode And Open Field Runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I am a coach mode guy as well... I don't know if I have seen that particular thing you are talking about, but the open field running in coach mode is terrible in general. Players will run east-west behind the LOS when there is a hole right in front of them, where the play is designed to go. It can certainly be frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah raising the RA slider a bit really helped it but I do see it way too much IMHO...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »