Home

RECRUITING GURUS ADVICE NEEDED ASAP!! PLEASE RESPOND

This is a discussion on RECRUITING GURUS ADVICE NEEDED ASAP!! PLEASE RESPOND within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RECRUITING GURUS ADVICE NEEDED ASAP!! PLEASE RESPOND

Hey guys I need some help. I am in my first year in a 3rd year online Dynasty and of course the xp bug has hit me which hurts my recruiting.
I have done well so far signing 6 recruits even one 5 star.

Here is where I need help. I am in the offseason and a couple of nice recruits freshmen and juco I have become 1st with. Now i have read that even though you are first offseason makes you lose recruits you have worked hard for.
Well I have the recruiting report thingy which i never use but decided to try it to save my class.
I have several recruits where i am 1st and i have offered their only scholy but i have read that the cpu will throw points at these recruits also. What is a guy to do? has anyone else had this issue and what did you do.

Here are a few scenarios

QB rated 75 I gave his only scholy I lead LSU by 2475 but he is 56% locked
I did not see him on LSU's board and LSU signed a QB, but his points were still fluctuating week to week.

Ath rated 77 only scholy, I lead Georgia Tech by 2460 not on their board 54%

fs rated 74 leads aggies by 1590 and i am his only scholy 61% locked

2 DEs rated 79 juco, they are beasts one I lead Georgia (user player) by 2770 only scholy and he is not on their board DE 1 61% DE 2 39%

The other lead USC by 1290 and louisville by 1795 (scholy) now we these two i have low bonuses, but I am going to start them because i have weak de's that the cpu recruited before i got in the dynasty. I am going to move my best DE to DT because i have weak DTs that the computer recruited

I also have signed 1 freshman DE and in the running for another but they are going to be redshirted

Another question, if i am 1st and they are not locked, will they sign with me on signing day? I have several of that nature too, that i want to keep
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RECRUITING GURUS ADVICE NEEDED ASAP!! PLEASE RESPOND

The CPU will throw somewhere between 3000-5000 points at a player and on rare occasion will throw 10,000 at a single player. Just do the math. Consider your lead and how many points you need to withstand the next closest teams throwing 5,000 at the player. Go and check those teams coaches to see if they have the letter of intent leveled up that gives extra points for the off-season. And the biggest mistake I see made is going after too many players in the off-season. I usually limit myself to three with about 5k on each. I have in the past put 4k on a player so I could throw some points at a fourth player only to lose both of them... Sometimes by as few as 15 points.

Sometimes you will have players you don't put points on sign... But can't really predict that, just cross your fingers.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
The CPU will throw somewhere between 3000-5000 points at a player and on rare occasion will throw 10,000 at a single player. Just do the math. Consider your lead and how many points you need to withstand the next closest teams throwing 5,000 at the player. Go and check those teams coaches to see if they have the letter of intent leveled up that gives extra points for the off-season. And the biggest mistake I see made is going after too many players in the off-season. I usually limit myself to three with about 5k on each. I have in the past put 4k on a player so I could throw some points at a fourth player only to lose both of them... Sometimes by as few as 15 points.

Sometimes you will have players you don't put points on sign... But can't really predict that, just cross your fingers.
^^^ This

Also try and work on players that are ranked 1-3 in interest as they are easy to swindle in your favor. Remember to plan your visits late in the season for those players that are unsure and have 1+ teams near the top of the top schools.

Doing this allows me to limit how many players i will take into the off-season. It also helps me avoid having to sit there and figure out who i need the most, and then tally up the 15k.

On average i take maybe 1-3 into the off-season while still getting 9-10 other solid recruits.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a question, how do you give a recruit more than 800 points? I play with oklahoma. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95
I have a question, how do you give a recruit more than 800 points? I play with oklahoma. Thanks.
You don't during the season, the max per player is 700 and any bonus you get for matching their needs/wants. You only get to go beyond 700 in the off-season during the final signing day when you delegate the 15k worth of points.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Sometimes you will have players you don't put points on sign...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »