Home

Please help freezing!!

This is a discussion on Please help freezing!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

OVR: 1
Angry Please help freezing!!

I have NCAA 14 for Xbox 360 and my problem started in games in offline dynasty mode. Now it happens every time I try to play even an exhibition. Sounds drops on the load menu, then on the first play off the game when the tackle is made the game freezes.

So far I have tried to clear the cache on the xbox, deleted and reinstalled the update, deleted all downloaded rosters, profiles, and tuners. Tried installing the game on the hard drive and then when that failed, deleting that. I have been in a back and forth with EA over this and the latest email in this battle that has included a 3 hour hold that was never answered, is an email stating it will take 1-2 weeks before I hear from them again. All I want to do is play the game. Waiting to even start Madden until I can get a draft class exported.

Does anyone have this problem? More importantly does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

Re: Please help freezing!!

I have also tried the media streaming fix to no avail.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Are you using custom stadium sounds?

For myself, '13 was freezing on me basically every game to the point I deleted it from my HDD, then I finally buy '14 a couple days ago, with much reservation to say the least, and it froze on me twice in my first two games. "Oh, well this is perfect," I thought.

So I bit the bullet and deleted all my CSS and haven't had a freeze since. I'd bet the same would have been true with '13.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

Thanks for the reply but I am not using the custom stadium sounds. I figure it has to be something just not connecting somehow. I tried it on my sons xbox and was able to play an exhibition game, we have the same xbox on the same network and I used the my xbl profile.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexicano
I have NCAA 14 for Xbox 360 and my problem started in games in offline dynasty mode. Now it happens every time I try to play even an exhibition. Sounds drops on the load menu, then on the first play off the game when the tackle is made the game freezes.

So far I have tried to clear the cache on the xbox, deleted and reinstalled the update, deleted all downloaded rosters, profiles, and tuners. Tried installing the game on the hard drive and then when that failed, deleting that. I have been in a back and forth with EA over this and the latest email in this battle that has included a 3 hour hold that was never answered, is an email stating it will take 1-2 weeks before I hear from them again. All I want to do is play the game. Waiting to even start Madden until I can get a draft class exported.

Does anyone have this problem? More importantly does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me crazy.
This sounds like your RAM in the kit is dying; are you able to play other games without issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

Yes I am able to play every other game with no issue whatsoever. I know it matters little but the xbox is not even 2 years old.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

same thing here....but it is freezing at pregame, but only during FBS vs FBS games (games from teams other then the one i use in my dynasty), tried an online chat with EA and they told me to disable the connection to the PS3 from the net and delete all game files....did that and it was still freezing (have to press x to get it past the freeze becuase it doesn't totally lock up). told me that they would send my problem to the tech group that handles the sports games and they would get back to me and i haven't heard anything in 3 days. will try to contact them again if i haven't heard anything in 4 more days. btw am not using any custom stadium sounds (only using the roster file from here)
Old 09-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Rookie

trexicano's Arena

At the menu my sound goes out and when the pregame starts there is a tunnel on the middle of the field, first play it freezes every single time. It used to sometimes work but since I started their suggestions it has gone to every time.

I contacted customer support (oxymoron) first by chat, they referred me to the phone, did that, escalated me when none of there solutions and dropped me in a queue I was on hold for 3 hours, when I called on my cell thinking it was a mistake on their end I was told that is normal. He suggested email, I was very hesitant to go back as I feared I would get dropped back into the cycle, got an email with no solution asked for further help and then got told it would be 1-2 weeks before they would get back to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »