Home

Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode...

This is a discussion on Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #9
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Incredibly low QB completion % in sim mode...

jello1717,
yes your right randomly generated, but my point was that sliders probably have no effect on these games, although I havn`t tested this at any length.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #10
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-S
jello1717,
yes your right randomly generated, but my point was that sliders probably have no effect on these games, although I havn`t tested this at any length.
Not only that, they also played 60 minutes (15 mins per quarters). I suspect the results would be all about x vs o and cold/hot streak factors. Btw, I tested my results are from season 1 and 2 while I used straight 15 weeks without stopped.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:19 AM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think there needs to be a sticky thread that specifically states sliders have no impact on SIM stats....

I run accross atleast 5-6 threads throughout the year that mentions sliders with SIMULATED stats in both Madden and NCAA Football.

I personally have not run accross this issue yet.....but I've always used QB's with high awareness ratings throughout any file I create for myself during dynasty mode.
Yeah there seems to always be confusion with some thinking sliders effect sim games as well in all sports games, when they actually only effect games played not any of simmed games thruout Franchises. Only sports game I know that have any sliders that effect simmed games is in MLBTS with pitchers stamina, and managers taking out pitchers, as well as injuries to players. Thats the only game I know of that have any sldiers that have any effect on simmed games.

I wish they would make games with sliders having a impact on stats. Then maybe we could fix things that the devs cant seem to get right, especially when it comes to EA football games.

If your a Dynasty player like myself, if you go and look at QB stats, they arent close to being accurate in a lot of ways in NCAA football, especially with passing accuracy. Its so bad that Im getting rid of the game, and I had planned on keeping it since it was the last NCAA made until I end up getting a PS4 which wont be for a very long time.

If it wasnt for sim stats being whacked for QB's, and the in game issues like lack of penalties especially DPI, and lack of fumbles this game could have been such a great game. There were so many things I enjoyed with it, but I just cant handle seeing poor Stats for teams. Along with the issue of your players not hardly ever getting assisted tackles, which lead to you having several of your players leading the NCAA in solo tackles.

I will miss having a college football game, but just cant handle seeing any stats way off. Thankfully Madden15 is a good game finally, so atleast I do have a football game to play, even though I always enjoyed NCAA football more than the NFL video game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #12
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

maybe raising the QBs ratings for the teams you will not be playing might help, who knows, might be worth a try.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-S
maybe raising the QBs ratings for the teams you will not be playing might help, who knows, might be worth a try.
QB sim stats are HEAVILY influenced by their AWR rating.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
If your a Dynasty player like myself, if you go and look at QB stats, they arent close to being accurate in a lot of ways in NCAA football, especially with passing accuracy. Its so bad that Im getting rid of the game, and I had planned on keeping it since it was the last NCAA made until I end up getting a PS4 which wont be for a very long time.

If it wasnt for sim stats being whacked for QB's, and the in game issues like lack of penalties especially DPI, and lack of fumbles this game could have been such a great game. There were so many things I enjoyed with it, but I just cant handle seeing poor Stats for teams. Along with the issue of your players not hardly ever getting assisted tackles, which lead to you having several of your players leading the NCAA in solo tackles.

I will miss having a college football game, but just cant handle seeing any stats way off. Thankfully Madden15 is a good game finally, so atleast I do have a football game to play, even though I always enjoyed NCAA football more than the NFL video game.
Me too. I prefer college football. Oh, you're right about Dynasty Mode because I noticed Manziel, Bridgewater, or even Carr have low competition passes % while none of them were realistic in real life either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
QB sim stats are HEAVILY influenced by their AWR rating.

Oh, don't forget THA too. I suspect that High AWR will show that they will not commit too many turnovers while THA for high competition passes %. However, there are high chance that qb with improve rating will still have low CP% or commit too many turnovers if their AWR or THA is still too low.
Old 10-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_King70
Me too. I prefer college football. Oh, you're right about Dynasty Mode because I noticed Manziel, Bridgewater, or even Carr have low competition passes % while none of them were realistic in real life either.

Oh, don't forget THA too. I suspect that High AWR will show that they will not commit too many turnovers while THA for high competition passes %. However, there are high chance that qb with improve rating will still have low CP% or commit too many turnovers if their AWR or THA is still too low.
Yeah I had found to get QB Completion % up both awarness and accuracy had to be raised basically into the 90's to get real life %. Basically you need to go thru every QB in the NCAA and bump both of those up and way up. Even then I seen some of those QB's with low %.

Its why I finally just gave up and said to hell with it Im trading the game in. Ill just live with Madden15 being my only football game. NCAA14 had so much promise, its too bad EA didnt support it and fix sim stats with a patch since it was going to be the last 1 made, but then again that would have required them to have morals and we all know thats never been the case with EA. Just like with NCAA basketball, once they decided to quit making it they said screw all the people who had bought the game, and they didnt fix anything and that game needed a patch in a bad way, but it had a chance too to be a great game if they would have had some morals and fixed it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #16
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards_King70
Oh, don't forget THA too. I suspect that High AWR will show that they will not commit too many turnovers while THA for high competition passes %.
You would think so but that is not how it works. When it comes to sim stats for QB, it has everything to do with their AWR rating.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »