Home

What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously?

This is a discussion on What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's your own special way of taking this game way too seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I've started to get a bit obsessive about the way I play NCAA these days. I've just started a 1-star dynasty with the hopes of building my coach up and taking whatever opportunities are presented.

I used to do a spreadsheet, but now i just make notes on my ipad and have that next to me for reference and updated notes, takes me about 1-2hours each season.

I also do the whole geographic planning of recruiting which i've written about in a different post (basically I imagine I'm a coach having to drive out and see recruits each week so I limit myself to mostly recruits within 2 hours drive of campus based on google maps).

I actually really like the whole creating the son of a coach and building them up and continuing the dynasty. That is pretty cool. Although I put myself in the game and I only have daughters so it will feel weird putting a 'son' in.

I only play offline too, so all my obsession comes within my imagination and by myself. With more time I would probably love to join an OD and write recaps and all that but for now it's all by my lonesome.

No sons? No problem! (I don't have kids, so my "game son" is entirely fictional.) Alternatively (I've done this before too), re-name an OC or DC as one of your memorable former players. If memory serves correctly, you can't control two coaches on the same team (I may be wrong), but you could do it in name only on your own team and then replace him with a user-controlled coach with the same attributes after he leaves for a head coaching position; or you could control him as coordinator on another team that he's on. Another twist on the legacy career.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Rookie

When I see an unrealistic upset like #1 Alabama by the generic fcs team in dynasty, I play the game and then do the end game sim to get a realistic out come
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
Rookie

TMAG1C's Arena

OVR: 4

It's along the lines of recreating a former player as a coach but as soon as Peyton retires in my Broncos franchise in Madden, I'm gonna create him on NCAA as a coach for Tennessee, could anyone else see him coaching Tennessee?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Love all of the idea's fella's... I'm going to implement the geographic recruiting plan and the team builder hall of fame into my San Jose St dynasty...speaking of, 2 years ago I started there as the OC... Purposely scheduled easy and we won 10 games... Our Head Coach left us for a better job so I was offered the HC job...

I actually take pics of every still shot at the end of each game... Pic of the game summary, players of the game and any other important stats, awards, or notable facts from that season....the pics are archived on my CPU and filed in game folders for each season...
Old 09-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #13
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Back when I played NCAA 04, I actually had my audibles on a QB wristband. I'm not positive why, though, looking back, since the names come up on the screen already.

Currently, I can't think of anything crazy that I do. People outside of the OS community would probably think I am insane for playing Coach Mode, but I get more enjoyment out of it because it takes ratings into affect more and I can't abuse the CPU (knowingly or subconsciously).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Rookie

i like collecting all of my opponent's stadium sounds and add them to the game. makes traveling to away games feel different. oh wait, custom sounds don't work this year...
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #15
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

I post on Operation Sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Back when I played NCAA 04, I actually had my audibles on a QB wristband. I'm not positive why, though, looking back, since the names come up on the screen already.

Currently, I can't think of anything crazy that I do. People outside of the OS community would probably think I am insane for playing Coach Mode, but I get more enjoyment out of it because it takes ratings into affect more and I can't abuse the CPU (knowingly or subconsciously).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Same. I have to explain why I play Coach Mode to everyone but after I explain, they get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »