Home

NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
The point is people rather pay triple the price for jerseys than .99 for gloves.
This time 1000. I love the frequency of updates but have yet to spend a dime on them due what is in the packs. Lack of uni's and helmets have been a deal breaker for me. Add those items, and a good amount of them, and I will have zero care about throwing money their way.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #58
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I have to believe that EA is putting out these smaller updates to gloves and things like that weekly, while working on one for all the uniforms that still need to be fixed. At least that is what I am hoping.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #59
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
Here's the money sucking, greedy reality. EA is releasing all these glove packs and single helmets without the rest of the uni's because they know they can make a ton more when they eventually release the main uni's. You want the correct gloves, helmets, and uni's for a specific team? Oh you can have them. That'll be $3 for all the packs you'll need to buy just to get a complete uni. Ridiculous but this is typical EA greed we're talking about so I shouldn't be surprised.
i thought it was more of all the bitching last year that we the community wanted weekly releases even if they didnt have as much in them instead of 3 big releases during season.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #60
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Also not surprised it took 5 posts before complaints.
Given that you specifically called me out, you might actually take note of the fact that I clearly said "I'm grateful for the weekly packs" as well as stating "I love that they're releasing uniform packs every week". If you're going to call somebody out, you might take mention of the entire post, not the small part you want to use as a jab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Lol they can't please anyone, people were complaining about the gap in releases and now they are catering to those guys and now because it's not enough in each pack people still complain. I understand your issues but EA is making an attempt and that's all I can ask. Glove guys should be happy. If they could just add those two face masks and team oriented socks for every team.
Just about everyone who has voiced an ounce of displeasure has already stated that they're grateful EA is getting the packs out so consistently. But hell, they could have gotten them out this consistently last year if all they were going to add was a few sets of gloves that you might actually see three times a game. Faulting people for requesting accuracy when investing money is asinine. A concept you seem to be misunderstanding. Purchasing games that will include DLC to complete the game, is buying into an investment. I purchase the game for sixty dollars under the impression that the company is going to complete the game if I continue my investments. Each time you go purchase a pack they release, you're further investing in this game. In three weeks, this game went from $60 to $62. Two dollars, big whip! Right? I agree. But it's going to continue to go up and up and up. By the time it's all said and done, NCAA 14 will have cost around $80. Why? Because rather than providing us a bulk set of uniforms, they're providing us glove packs each week. At this rate, we'll have College Football 15 before NCAA 14 is an accurate game. Nobody here is faulting EA for not having Uniform Sets that weren't revealed until a few weeks before the season. They're faulting EA for not fixing the one set that teams like Florida (who released their new sets months ago) didn't fix. Yet they made sure they had every single variation of Oregon's uniforms. I understand your point and I appreciate your point. But acting like those complaining don't have a legitimate reason to do so is ridiculous. There is always a scale of importance in video games, correct uniforms will always be right there after game play in importance.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #61
Rookie

Cdog923's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
The reason why there is disappointment in the content of these packs is because they are adding gloves and a few uniforms pieces in each one, as opposed to fixing issues with certain uniforms. Rice's uniforms have 2 sets of TV numbers when they have no TV numbers in real life, VT is in year 2 of their Orange Jersey have 2 sets of TV numbers, They fixed Nebraska's stripes on the disc but then when they added the baselayer uniforms in the first pack they had the old stripes (which are too thin and disappear when the sleeves are set to tight. That's just a taste, there are a lot of things missing or incorrect in the game that are much more noticeable on every play that deserve attention before they start focusing on giving teams extra gloves.

I like the frequency here, but I'd rather they go with quantity and quality rather than frequency.

Also of note: USC's jersey template is still out of date (they switched to the Speed template last year), so while the gloves are likely welcomed by Trojan fans they don't complete the college experience for them.

ND's helmets still look brown in pretty much any light on the PS3 and only look right during noon games played with clear skies on the 360 (they need to work on a helmet for each version, instead of trying to address the issue and kinda fixing it on the 360 and then porting it over the PS3 where it simply doesn't work).

I already noted the issues with Nebraska's uniforms

UCLA - I'd have to check but I don't think they have addressed all the changes they have made since last year yet (I think they have on the home jersey but the away jersey is still incorrect, or maybe its the other way around).

Sparty fans are the only ones are now fully represented in the game.

Similarly in the first update they promoted it with a pic on facebook, featuring 3 teams (South Carolina, LSU, and Texas Tech), all of which now had up to date gloves but in the picture were wearing out of date uniforms. Players want gloves but most of all we want the correct uniforms, gloves are just icing on the cake, so give us the cake then worry about the icing.
Good post. In regards to Nebraska, the numbers on the jersey are also incorrect; they are much too skinny. The disc uniforms that shipped are much more accurate than the DLC uniforms; numbers and stripes are correct. The only thing the DLC uniforms have that is accurate over the base uniforms are the new style of sleeves on the arms; they went with the skinny "N" over the default stylized "N".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #62
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
By the time it's all said and done, NCAA 14 will have cost around $80. Why? Because rather than providing us a bulk set of uniforms, they're providing us glove packs each week. At this rate, we'll have College Football 15 before NCAA 14 is an accurate game.
First-party (Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) has the final say on DLC. It's been known for a while now that they have issues with giving out more than one free "costume" pack per title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i thought it was more of all the bitching last year that we the community wanted weekly releases even if they didnt have as much in them instead of 3 big releases during season.
Exactly this (emphasis mine).
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #63
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
Good post. In regards to Nebraska, the numbers on the jersey are also incorrect; they are much too skinny. The disc uniforms that shipped are much more accurate than the DLC uniforms; numbers and stripes are correct. The only thing the DLC uniforms have that is accurate over the base uniforms are the new style of sleeves on the arms; they went with the skinny "N" over the default stylized "N".

Don't get your hopes up about the numbers being fixed, seems like Miami has had the wrong number look for years now.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #64
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
First-party (Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) has the final say on DLC. It's been known for a while now that they have issues with giving out more than one free "costume" pack per title.
I'm aware. However, it's EA's decision how much they include in said DLC. Hence, why they said they were trying to "fit as much in the free DLC pack" as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »