Home

Good rebuilding schools.

This is a discussion on Good rebuilding schools. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Good rebuilding schools.

I'd go with Central Michigan. Yea, they had a winning season last year but they lost their QB who set passing records. They have young QB's, a solid running back who was supposed to be the best in the MAC and some decent wide outs. Their defense is awful. So that should be a challenge to you and they have to recruit against Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

I'd give them a shot. In real life, they are 1-3 right now. They lost their starting QB and running back for the season and they did blow a 21-0 lead against a winless UNLV team.

I'd try CMU

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 09-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just started a dynasty like this with Kansas. The have two mobile QBs in Heap and Cummings as well as some good WR and RBs. It's challenging though because you're in the Big 12 where at least 4 or 5 of your conference games are against Top 25 teams. It's also difficult to recruit because you're going up against the big boys for a lot of local players. Even with it being tough to recruit the big time players I'm in the lead for the #4 QB in the nation so it's doable.

I'm in week 7 right now sitting at 4-1, 1-1 in conference. I beat an FCS, Rice, and Louisiana Tech easily and then kicked a FG as time expired to beat Texas Tech. Went into the TCU game with them ranked #9. They won and absolutely kicked my butt for 3 quarters, final score 17-31.

So far this has been my favorite dynasty on 14.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaub1811
Personally I'd go with SMU. It's Texas so you automatically have a pipeline to a boatload of recruits. Then once you're powerful enough, create an all-Texas conference!

IRL playing as SMU is also cool as you can be the guy who brings them back to post-death penalty relevancy.
^ This was the first school that came to mind. SMU was a powerhouse once but after receiving the death penalty, they've struggled to reach their former glory. They're based in Dallas, TX so as previously stated, you're going to have a great pipeline for recruits. The challenges comes in beating Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, Rice and SMU Rival TCU for those recruits. They've got a decent squad, a nice stadium and a nice set of uniforms. I wouldn't do an all Texas conference but once you bring SMU back to relevancy, they could be moved over into the Big 12 to even out the conference and bring a whole new meaning to the Iron Skillet Rivalry (TCU-SMU).
Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Play as Penn State. Set your sliders to 0/100 user, 100/100 CPU (Heisman difficulty) until the end of the 2015 season, to simulate sanctions. Then, starting in 2016, set your sliders back to normal, and three-peat as National Champions.

It's like SMU, only more relevant with the times, and they're not the 1000th team with red/white/blue team colors.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Kent St. has been a fun one for me. They just had a really good season last year, but lost their head coach, so it made sense that they would be getting a new coach. They don't have a running qb, but he is mobile enough to run some zone read or scramble and pick up some yards. The biggest reason I picked them is Dri Archer in the backfield who is extremely quick and they had actually started a heisman campaign for him, but he has been injured since the first game (I think he had one carry before getting injured).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAG1C
Cincy is a good one simply cause I was huge on Gunner Kiel when he was coming out of high school. They're a middle of the road team that could easily be rebuilded. Leagaux is 90 speed(depends on roster) if you're looking for scrambler. I hardly see them in top 25 for my dynasties. They're just in a bad conference being the American.

NC State has talent. Solid conference. Especially if you add Louisville after season 1. Could definitely turn around NC State. Their starter is also mobile. Another middle of the road definitely worth rebuilding.
I ended up going with cinci i think its a middle of the road team that needs help, and what you said intrigued me. Lets hope this works good!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #23
Rookie

TMAG1C's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I ended up going with cinci i think its a middle of the road team that needs help, and what you said intrigued me. Lets hope this works good!
Plan on posting in the dynasty thread? I'd like to follow and see how you do.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
Rookie

I like kent state
You have dri archer. You also have Durham who is 250 lb rb. A good thunder and lightning

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »