Home

slide protection

This is a discussion on slide protection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: slide protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtheQB128
Slide protection is really meant for the passing game, but Ive found that it only helps with running stretch run plays. Slide the oline to what ever direction your stretch play is going, then be patient with your back and then make a quick cut. It is actually very effective
Try pinching your line on a stretch play. That is why I do on most of my stretch plays.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I came across this thread while looking for hints on the Wingbone sweeps/HB Counters that I was struggling with, before just assuming it was all broken for me (ok, the HB Counter quick audible does appear broken). I find it interesting how there are those that say that it only impacts pass blocking, others that have indicated it helps in the run (particularly the sweep type plays).

Is there a general consensus on the matter? I did go into practice and did a lot of counters/speed sweeps with slide protections. I felt like it made a difference, but I also couldn't see it every time, and I wondered if it couldn't have been just that I was paying a different type of attention (like a placebo effect).

What is your experience with it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Can someone post a video of their line sliding on run plays because it is really obvious on pass plays but not so much on run plays? Plus I don't believe it ever worked on run plays. Video proof is the best way to prove it, I think. I've played Madden 25 too and I still feel the same about slide protection on that game as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #20
Rookie

I am wondering more if you aren't right that there is no impact on run blocking for slide protection. I think I took a Jet Sweep with no TE against a 4-3 stack. At one point I thought that MAYBE sliding to that side mattered, but then I'd have the same results. I was going to jot them down, but I didn't know if I was going anywhere with it. I would love to know if anyone has done more on it.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #21
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Slide protection only works for passing plays.

Anything you think you see on running plays is confirmation bias.

Try using the slide left/right on roll out plays.

Use pinch when you your lineman outnumber the defenders in the box.

Use aggressive when you run screens of any sort.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »