Home

Bench press related to arm strength?

This is a discussion on Bench press related to arm strength? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Bench press related to arm strength?

I've always wondered if a QBs bench press is in any way related to arm strength.

Well, after studying 16 players during one recruiting season, I've decided that BP might play a slight role, if any at all.

Six QBs were rated A+ for arm strength. Two were rated A, and three were A-. The rest were B+ or lower.

The highest rating for arm power was 93 by two QBs. One of them had an A rating, but a 315 bench. The other had an A with a 265 bench.

The highest bench of all QBs that season was a 315 by the guy I mentioned above. He was a pocket passer.

Maybe the best overall passer was Thorpe, the No. 4 QB overall, and he ended up with a 93 power and 92 accuracy. He was recruited as an A+/B on strength/accuracy and a bench of 265.

The top QB was an A+ for strength with a 295 bench and he ended up with a 92 arm strength rating as a frosh. He was a scrambler, btw, with a 4.71 40.

One QB, Briggs, with an A- and a low 215 BP, ended up with a 91 arm strength rating.

The only real proof I have of BP being a factor was with these two guys:

1. B+ and 280 BP with an 87 arm strength rating.
2. B+ and 190 BP with a 79 arm strength rating.

Oh well... lots of research... my conclusion is that the bench doesn't affect arm strength ratings enough to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Bench press related to arm strength?

Quote:

Razorbacker said:
I've always wondered if a QBs bench press is in any way related to arm strength.

Well, after studying 16 players during one recruiting season, I've decided that BP might play a slight role, if any at all.

Six QBs were rated A+ for arm strength. Two were rated A, and three were A-. The rest were B+ or lower.

The highest rating for arm power was 93 by two QBs. One of them had an A rating, but a 315 bench. The other had an A with a 265 bench.

The highest bench of all QBs that season was a 315 by the guy I mentioned above. He was a pocket passer.

Maybe the best overall passer was Thorpe, the No. 4 QB overall, and he ended up with a 93 power and 92 accuracy. He was recruited as an A+/B on strength/accuracy and a bench of 265.

The top QB was an A+ for strength with a 295 bench and he ended up with a 92 arm strength rating as a frosh. He was a scrambler, btw, with a 4.71 40.

One QB, Briggs, with an A- and a low 215 BP, ended up with a 91 arm strength rating.

The only real proof I have of BP being a factor was with these two guys:

1. B+ and 280 BP with an 87 arm strength rating.
2. B+ and 190 BP with a 79 arm strength rating.

Oh well... lots of research... my conclusion is that the bench doesn't affect arm strength ratings enough to worry about.

I would think that Arm Strength would be tied to Break Tackle for QBs, RBs and WRs, and Pass Block for linemen. That's just me though. That's common sense. That's not to say that EA used said common sense when making the game.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes bench press is tied with BRK TCKL for offensive players such as RB's, WR's and QB's!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #4
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought that was leg strength that tied into break tackles for offensive players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »