Home

No playoff patch "at this time"

This is a discussion on No playoff patch "at this time" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #25
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No playoff patch "at this time"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler0509
I would not be at all surprised if we get DLC in the summer that added playoffs and deeper customization. Honestly, I would pay $60 for said dlc.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. If their current posture is to not move forward with a new release I don't see them passing up the $$ they could make by improving an existing game next year with a DLC that would employ the new playoff system that will not involve the NCAA. What's more, they can easily make it so that the only resemblance to the real one is that it will be a 4-team playoff.....beyond that they can mix up the sites of the games.

Not saying it's going to happen, but I don't see why they couldn't do this as it would be a win-win for both sides. The only bump in the road to this happening could be that the next gen consoles will be well underway by next summer and they may think it as pointless and that everyone has moved on so why bother.

Last edited by LastExit; 10-15-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #26
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

My preference would be that they add the old 'Bill Walsh' style playoff; you could configure the playoff tree for up to 16 teams.

That way you could do the four team tourney and it wouldn't resemble the real one from an intellectual property standpoint.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
My preference would be that they add the old 'Bill Walsh' style playoff; you could configure the playoff tree for up to 16 teams.

That way you could do the four team tourney and it wouldn't resemble the real one from an intellectual property standpoint.

Yep anything at this point would be a plus to play for years to come. Again I'm even in favor of it being just a DLC for it's on singular mode outside of dynasty mode, sure we would have to constantly update the rosters yearly, but I'm not trusting EA to get it right to put in the actual dynasty and cause a GANG of BUGS and destroy dynasty mode.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #28
Rookie

I totally agree! It should have been put in this year,
Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #29
Rookie

Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #30
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
They're just saying that so people don't think series is dead and people keep buying the game, uniform packs ultimate team packs, etc. We've seen this song and dance before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Smoke and mirrors.........

That is my speculation. They just trying to keep the sales alive for the time being.
You would think ppl would would understand EA's bulletproof marketing game by now, but...

I guess the only good thing is at least they didn't give the fans the proverbial NCAA Basketball 10 treatment. Woulda had to put a few ppl on suicide watch lol.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-17-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjdhgdruzhuang
It should have, but that was going to be next year's killer feature
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
It should have, but that was going to be next year's killer feature
That was going to be next year's killer feature since 2007. They've got a list of things they'd love to add to the game, if they weren't on such a time crunch every year. This is just them posting items off that list to keep us playing. They were planning on doing it, but really, it was never going to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »