Home

Roster Inquiries

This is a discussion on Roster Inquiries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Roster Inquiries

Good morning. Few questions I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

1. Why do some players show up on the edit roster screen but aren't on the depth chart?

2. How does (RS) work in the game? I know that RS means that a student isn't eligible to play in their first year so how do teams have senior and junior redshirts?

3. How does the CPU determine redshirts and does the game actively remove and grant redshirt status or is it just a static phrase next to the players name that stays there the entire time they are on the roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Re: Roster Inquiries

A player can be non-medically redshirted at any time, once in their college careers, granting them an extra year of eligibility to develop. In real life, it generally only happens Freshman year, but it can happen later, so the game allows it at any time. Seeing the (RS) by a player's name means they've been redshirted in the past. If you're playing a Dynasty, the game lets you control who gets redshirted and who doesn't, before the start of every season.

To answer your first question, I believe players that show up on Edit Roster but not on the Depth Chart are players that are currently redshirted. Try going to a practice mode in a Dynasty and look at the depth chart there. You should be able to see your redshirted players. But be careful, putting those players into practice removes the redshirt designation.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
MVP

Cool. Appreciate the quick response.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

1. It could be for a couple of reasons. 1) Because they're not good enough to make one of the spots on the depth chart (i.e. 7th WR, 6th CB, etc...). 2) If it's a user team, that user is currently redshirting the player.

2. As stated above, as long as the player hasn't been redshirted already, they can be redshirted. In real life teams normally don't redshirt beyond the freshman year. However, injuries in the off-season is the most common reason for a redshirt past a player's freshman year.

Ohio State did redshirt LB Etienne Sabino a few years back as he was heading into his Junior season for the reason to create more distance in eligibility of him and the current starter. This gave Sabino two years of starting, instead of just one if he were not redshirted.

3. For a user team if you do not redshirt them manually, the player will automatically redshirt if he does not accumulate a stat during the season. He could actually play in games, but as long as he doesn't record a tackle, touch the ball, allow a sack, etc... the game will still give him a redshirt.

The game could've avoided this if it counted Games Started/Played like Madden does, but I digress.

For the CPU, its depth chart is solely based on Overall. This is why their second RG could be the backup LT, while the actual second best LT is nowhere to be found on the depth chart. As far as I know, the CPU doesn't actively redshirt players. Simply if the player doesn't play (accumulate stats), he'll be redshirted after the season.

Lastly, the red "RS" jersey icon will go away after the redshirt season (or if you decide to remove the redshirt mid-season). The "(RS)" after a player's eligibility year on the Edit Player screen will stay there for his career. This is to tell you the player's remaining eligibility and where or not he could be reshirted at a later year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »