Home

OD freezing when trying to play User vs User

This is a discussion on OD freezing when trying to play User vs User within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Angry OD freezing when trying to play User vs User

I'm new to ODs. I've participated in a few over the years but this is the first time I've started one myself. It's only my buddy and I. He's controlling Michigan and I'm controlling ND. Well, for those that don't know, those two schools play each other in week 2. We've tried inviting each other and the same things happens every time. We get to the Ready Up screen and as soon as we both ready up his console freezes. Only is console, not mine, every time. At first we thought it was his internet possibly causing the issue but he even tried hard wiring his console and still the same thing.
He and I have played countless head-to-head games without issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OD freezing when trying to play User vs User

There are a few threads regarding this issue on the main page or page 2, I would link to them for ya but I am on my phone.

I would start by checking your uniform packs, I suggest deleting all the uniform packs you both have from your HD and just re-downloading after the game. If that doesn't work, try not using custom PBs and resetting formation subs

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens52bears54
I'm new to ODs. I've participated in a few over the years but this is the first time I've started one myself. It's only my buddy and I. He's controlling Michigan and I'm controlling ND. Well, for those that don't know, those two schools play each other in week 2. We've tried inviting each other and the same things happens every time. We get to the Ready Up screen and as soon as we both ready up his console freezes. Only is console, not mine, every time. At first we thought it was his internet possibly causing the issue but he even tried hard wiring his console and still the same thing.
He and I have played countless head-to-head games without issue.
While I respect 'The JareBears' insight he is inaccurate. We've had this on a few threads. Go ahead and delete your uniform packs if you you'd like, but I've actually gone through a few KNOWN fixes for this.

First, go delete your NCAA 14 tuner data. Go into console settings, hard drive, NCAA 14, look for anything with 'tuner' or 'tuner data' and delete.

2nd, you need to set BOTH your connection NAT to 'Open'. While a hard wire connection seems like it will resolve the connection problem it will not if you're on a 'Moderate' connection. I had someone in my OD think the same thing. Then he set up a specific IP for his console and now he is open and problem is corrected. If you know how or can google it, set your console/ router up in DMZ.

Good luck. These WILL correct your issues.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

A number of people with open NATs, manually ports forwarded, and uPnP still have issues, these people have also posted in these kind of threads that deleting the uniform packs have helped.

Uniform packs, formation subs, and custom PBs are just extra data the two game clients have to synch. If both users are hard wired, or have open NATs and strong wireless connections but problems still occur, those three things should be looked at.

OS Blog

Old 10-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Also, in this day and age, I feel bad for anyone who wasn't already on an open NAT.

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Since it was always freezing on my buddy's end we first tried just having him delete the Game Data. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by ravens52bears54; 10-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »