Home

Anybody ever have true defensive struggle games?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever have true defensive struggle games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody ever have true defensive struggle games?

I just had one in my USF dynasty playing UCF.. No turnovers, very few sacks. Just neither team could run the ball and there were hardly any large gains. Score was 9-3 midway through the 3rd quarter. Scoring picked up a bit in the 4th and went into OT tied at 20. I ended up losing 26-23
Old 10-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I took Auburn down 15-13, all field goals from me, game in the rain and nobody could pass.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #19
Rookie

and I even play 10-min qtrs.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #20
Rookie

and I even play 10-min qtrs.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I have lots of defensive games. Just played one today against Clemson 21-14 I won and I use Syracuse. I think we both had less then 300 yards of offense. I always have 2 or 3 games a season that are defensive games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #22
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

I've had a few through the first season of my FSU offline dynasty I started a couple weeks ago.

My game against Clemson was a 30-24 victory for me where most of the game was rather defense oriented. Three of my scores (2 TDs and a field goal) and two of their scores (2 TDs) were off turnovers. Jameis Winston went 10-21 for ~175 yards through the air, and carried the ball 10 times (4 sacks) for ~40 yards and a TD. James Wilder had ~20 carries for just around 80 yards and 2 TDs (his lowest yardage of the season).

I won the ACC Championship 23-11 against Georgia Tech where my two TDs came off turnovers. Wilder had a big game, with ~25 carries for 150+ yards and a TD, but my passing game was just abysmal. After they drove 75 yards on the opening drive to kick a field goal, I figured out how to defend Vad Lee and their option attack, and the couldn't move the ball afterwards.

Then I lost the National Championship to Bama 25-12 in a game where the only one on either offense actually playing the game was McCarron. Yeldon barely broke 50 yards. Wilder had over 100 but fumbled twice, once in the red zone. Winston had two interceptions that were stupid decisions by me to avoid sacks. Bama also sacked me in the endzone for a safety on a stupid play by me.

Other than those three games, my Pistol-based Spread Triple Option was nearly unstoppable, averaging 250+ rushing yards per game, 250+ passing yards per game, nearly 600 total offensive yards per game, and 50 points per game. I forced nearly every team to abandon the run early, so my Run D was top of the nation. As a result, my Pass D was mid pack, though I had a lot of interceptions knowing to play the pass often.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Had my best defensive game ever, I shutout Oregon at home with Virginia.The finally score was 6-0. My first field goal came of a 60 yard interception return, and the second came early in the fourth. Oregon missed a field goal in the 3rd.

I allowed only 179 yards, 111 passing and 68 yards rushing, they allowed 200 yards passing and 85 rushing yards, There was only 22 first downs in the game, I had 13 while Oregon only had 9 first downs. There was 9 total turnovers in the game. Oregon had 5 picks, and I had 3 picks and 1 fumble.

Let me mention that I play Hesiman with Jarrod21's sliders with 10 minute quarters.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #24
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Year 4 just beat #3 and defending national champs G.T. 14-7

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »