Home

How Ridiculous It Is ...

This is a discussion on How Ridiculous It Is ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
How Ridiculous It Is ...

... That no matter how you punt it, the ball always bounces about 10yds back from where it lands.

...You can't get a realistic number of plays or realistic clock management when running 15 min quarters.

...There are basically no offensive penalties called, no PI penalties, no offsides etc.

...There are no offset penalties.

...We have about 45 slider/penalty settings, and only a half dozen actually do anything close to what they say they do; several are completely broken.

...There are never any bad snaps.

...The CPU will never block a punt or FG.

...It is near impossible to have a KO return stopped inside the 15.

...You can't have realistic passing numbers without crazy numbers of sacks and/or interceptions.

The list goes on. It is hard to believe how incredibly flawed and unrealistic (and therefore unenjoyable) this series has become, particularly considering the processing power and memory available today. I'm certainly not suggesting I'm happy NCAA is dead, but perhaps I may not miss it nearly as much as I might have. Certainly, I regret the demise of what might have been much more than what actually was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How Ridiculous It Is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
... That no matter how you punt it, the ball always bounces about 10yds back from where it lands.

...You can't get a realistic number of plays or realistic clock management when running 15 min quarters.

...There are basically no offensive penalties called, no PI penalties, no offsides etc.

...There are no offset penalties.

...We have about 45 slider/penalty settings, and only a half dozen actually do anything close to what they say they do; several are completely broken.

...There are never any bad snaps.

...The CPU will never block a punt or FG.

...It is near impossible to have a KO return stopped inside the 15.

...You can't have realistic passing numbers without crazy numbers of sacks and/or interceptions.

The list goes on. It is hard to believe how incredibly flawed and unrealistic (and therefore unenjoyable) this series has become, particularly considering the processing power and memory available today. I'm certainly not suggesting I'm happy NCAA is dead, but perhaps I may not miss it nearly as much as I might have. Certainly, I regret the demise of what might have been much more than what actually was.
A lot of points you mentioned are true, but some you mentioned I disagree with. I bolded them.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I had a offensive PI happen my last game. I was surprised.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I had a offensive PI happen my last game. I was surprised.
That one does get called occasionally, but 4 games in my current Arkansas season, I've only been flagged for 5 penalties (4 false starts and a roughing the passer). The computer draws slightly more, but still averaging only about 4 combined penalties per game, and mostly on the defense.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
That one does get called occasionally, but 4 games in my current Arkansas season, I've only been flagged for 5 penalties (4 false starts and a roughing the passer). The computer draws slightly more, but still averaging only about 4 combined penalties per game, and mostly on the defense.
I started using a modified slider set, and I'm finally getting facemask and clipping penalties regularly (combined 6-8 per game). It's not holding, but I figure it has the same effect. I did turn PI to 0, however, because it seems like the receivers know the refs won't call it, and will make better plays on the ball.

But overall I agree with you. Special teams is a joke, and passing is broken, but has a cool Power Rangers bandage slapped on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think I've seen a PI yet. I do get roughing the passer a lot but that's my fault. I've seen a couple of clippings, holdings and offsides. Can't get realistic passing numbers? I've gotten around 300 yds passing a game. I do throw a lot of interceptions but again, with the amount of throws I have a game, it's bound to happen. There used to be bad snaps back in the old gen days, but idk why they got rid of it

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 10-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Just started!

I was using a slider set not too long ago that yielded a lot of clipping calls (mostly on punt/kickoff returns but also on regular plays. Some of them happened at crucial times in the game.). I had a few offisde/encroachment calls as well. I have yet to see a PI call on either side of the ball. I've seen a decent amount of holding calls on both me and the CPU.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

I've set my holding sliders up around 80, and have my offense hold blocks aggressively, and still not a damn one lol. And in the games I've played since launch, I've seen two PI calls, both on the defense. Both were from me usering a DB in the way of a route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »