Home

why is this happening?

This is a discussion on why is this happening? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: why is this happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ10
Stop trying to make it like its NOT the game. If I was having the same trouble on varisty with the sliders in the CPU's favor then I could see it may be a problem, but when I run a hb dive and I see the one and only hole the line makes on a hb dive and I hit it only to see the defender automatically slide out of his block to make the tackle EVERY time, that's not football, that's the CPU being super human. Crappy defenses don't just shut down elite runners. I guess Ill just go back to varsity and crank the sliders a little more to the CPU at least then Ill get some semblance of real play.

For me I have to agree a lot with what NEOPARADIGM said. You could be using the sprint button at the wrong time, or reading the wrong hole or whatever. Maybe you're not good enough to run on AA, but on varsity you're really good. Nothing wrong with that, some people can't play at some levels. Like me on Heisman, forget it, I suck at that level, but on AA the game is perfect for me. For me on varsity I would hate it, way to easy for me, but that's me. You got the right idea in the end though, go back to varsity and adjust the sliders to where you want them. In the end it's not really the games fault, but it's not your fault either.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
All American difficulty, run block slider set at 100, AI rush D set at 0, yet Im getting ZERO room to run. the Dline is getting off their blocks immediately, I have guys running past they guy they are supposed to block to block a DB 20 yards upfield. I have a 99 OVR rated todd gurley avging 3 or less ypc over the last few games (I was playing on varsity, but was too easy). what gives?
If you play on any game speed other then normal you will get those problems.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #11
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
If you play on any game speed other then normal you will get those problems.
Im on normal, 0 speed threshold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Are you controlling the QB during the handoff? Don't just hit hike and let the CPU do the work, hit hike and pull the QB down towards the back (even hold R2 or L2 or both while you're doing this) and stuff the rock into the RB's stomach.
... say whaaat??
Old 10-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Stop trying to make it like its NOT the game. If I was having the same trouble on varisty with the sliders in the CPU's favor then I could see it may be a problem, but when I run a hb dive and I see the one and only hole the line makes on a hb dive and I hit it only to see the defender automatically slide out of his block to make the tackle EVERY time, that's not football, that's the CPU being super human. Crappy defenses don't just shut down elite runners. I guess Ill just go back to varsity and crank the sliders a little more to the CPU at least then Ill get some semblance of real play.
I don't know what to tell you other than to maybe go down in difficulty.

I play on Heisman, and I don't have any of those problems running. I think running is quite smooth and well done. In the fourth year of my dynasty, I took an 89 OVR HB on Kentucky through the SEC grinder and still got 2,141 yards on 351 carries for 23 TDs. In the fifth year of my dynasty as Bama OC, my HB came in second in the Heisman by a measly 2 points.

Lots of questions arise though.

What type of playbook are you using? What type of running plays do you run? How often do you run? What kind of linemen do you play/recruit? What types of formations do you choose to run out of? Do you run option, out of the shotgun, single back or with a FB? Do you flip the run based on what the defense is showing you? Do you audible out of running plays when the need arises?

Personally, I find that running out of the shotgun or a single back set is much harder than running with a fullback. Try a pro-style offense. I run out of Western Michigan's playbook.

When you're running, you need to follow your lead blockers, and hold off on using the Sprint button until you need to make sepration, or hit a hole.

Be wary of always trying to bounce to the outside. Defenders in NCAA 14 are good in pursuit, and the winning strategy is usually to cut to the inside at the crucial moment. If you always try to bounce outside, you're gonna take a lot of losses.

Also, in a pro-style set, try to send the WR in motion away from your running play to drag the CB with him. No point in ruining a good run if your WR can't hold his block. If it's zone and the CB doesn't follow, bring him back. As a rule of thumb, if they're in zone like that, you absolutely want to cut inside because you will be outnumbered to the outside.

Try to use heavy power runs, but occasionally mix in a counter. When you're running the counter, the pulling guard or tackle is going to seal off the DE who's rushed in. You have to cut inside that DE or you're gonna be dropped, you can't bounce that to the outside.

A good play to run for a solid 3-4 yards is a traditional balanced two TE Ace Set. Run the Zone weak/HB Smash play, which runs behind the T. From there, if the play is designed to run behind the LT, you can flip it to run behind the RT, or if they're stacking the outside, audible to HB Dive, which is in the same formation, and will run behind the C/G Gap, which you can also flip if you choose. Thus, with one play called, you can audible to run to any of four holes based on what the defense is showing you without any of your players moving position. Just call the play, look at the defense, and audible to run at where they're weakest.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Make sure you are reading the right defense before the snap. If you see guys cheating up to the line then most likely there is a blitz coming. If you have a run called get out of it. If the MLB moves out of position and leaves the middle of the field open, run a dive play right up in there. Also remember it's better to get 2 or 3 yards then it is to lose 2 or 3 or more, while trying to break off a big run. You will break off some big runs at some point.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
All American difficulty, run block slider set at 100, AI rush D set at 0, yet Im getting ZERO room to run. the Dline is getting off their blocks immediately, I have guys running past they guy they are supposed to block to block a DB 20 yards upfield. I have a 99 OVR rated todd gurley avging 3 or less ypc over the last few games (I was playing on varsity, but was too easy). what gives?
Maybe you aren't very good at the game?

Maybe its the playcalling and timing?

When are you hitting turbo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #16
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDA RONSTADT

You're no good, you're no good, you're no good
Baby, you're no good (I'm gonna say it again)
You're no good, you're no good, you're no good
Baby, you're no good

I kid, I kid. I had to do it, I kid.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »