Home

How to stop top prospect from slowly dropping you down to 2nd/3rd/4th place?

This is a discussion on How to stop top prospect from slowly dropping you down to 2nd/3rd/4th place? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How to stop top prospect from slowly dropping you down to 2nd/3rd/4th place?

Keep in mind they are 18 year old kids. God knows what reason they have behind half their decisions in life! lol.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to stop top prospect from slowly dropping you down to 2nd/3rd/4th place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Stupid question, but did you offer him a scholarship? If not, then after week 5-7 (or whenever you hit about 73% locked), you won't gain any more interest if you haven't made an offer.

I don't think I've ever NOT signed someone during the season if I spent 700 points on him per week. It got to be so bad that I now have a house rule that I'm not allowed to spend 700 points/week because it makes recruiting stoopidly easy because I get every single recruit that I want to sign during the season.

(This is what my final recruiting class looked like before I had to stop spending 700/week and also toned down other ridiculously overpowered recruiting tree skills. All of these guys were signed before the offseason and I just skipped the offseason since I only all myself to sign up to 70 total guys):

It's a simple numbers game. If your bonus + weekly points > others schools bonus + weekly points (you can see how many they can spend by looking at their recruiting tree) then you'll gain. If it's less (which usually isn't gonna happen when you spend the godly 700 points per week) then they'll gain.

Again, if you haven't made an offer, then this goes out the window once you hit ~73% because you can't gain anymore than ~73% interest without an offer.

The only other way schools can gain on you is with lockpicks (but they still can't pass you with a lockpick and they'll lose more ground if you're spending 700 with a decent bonus) and with visits.
I think you are on to something. Shifty1 must have a stud school and has max points to spend on recruiting. Yet he also says he has to spread his offseason points amongst 19 other recruits. 19! How on earth can you be at a stud school with max points and not have more than five players signed by the end of the regular season?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Foots's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's a question I have: how in the heck does a team gain 1600 points in one week WITHOUT a visit? Kansas St gained 1600 points in one week and is still two weeks away from their visit. They already offered a scholarship a few weeks back. I see this all the time, sometimes with guys that haven't been offered yet by the schools that gain so much.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots
Here's a question I have: how in the heck does a team gain 1600 points in one week WITHOUT a visit? Kansas St gained 1600 points in one week and is still two weeks away from their visit. They already offered a scholarship a few weeks back. I see this all the time, sometimes with guys that haven't been offered yet by the schools that gain so much.

This HAS to be the most frequently asked recruiting question.

It's the locksmith skill.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Rookie

Foots's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This HAS to be the most frequently asked recruiting question.

It's the locksmith skill.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »