Home

Crazy Overtime

This is a discussion on Crazy Overtime within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

OVR: 0
Crazy Overtime

Has anyone else ran into a situation where the team that gets the ball first in the 2OT can end the game by a score?

Just had it happen to me in one of the best games I've ever played vs CPU. Really frustrated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Crazy Overtime

This happened to me in my Army dynasty. In our season opener in year 2 we play Cal and the game is tied 7-7 the whole game. The game goes into 5 OTs, but eventually Cal wins it by kicking a field goal that was 50 yards or something like that. I was so mad after that, but the game saved before I could restart.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Twice ive lost in overtime because for some reason in the third ot the first team to score would get the ball back for a play. the first time my opponet scored a field goal and instead of giving it back to me it gave it to them and theydid a pass and it was incomplete then it said final. this has happened twice
Old 11-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is a longtime glitch in the NCAA series

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow! I've actually never noticed this because I have a personal rule where I go for the win in OT. Forget FGs and XPs.... go for the 2 pt conversion and the gutsy win!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

To my knowledge no one has been able to figure out what causes this glitch to happen but it's been around for multiple releases of NCAA. I've personally played lots of OT games over the years including multiple 3 OT games and even a couple 5 OT games and I've never seen the glitch. This means it's not something that always happens so there must be specific criteria that must be met for this glitch to occur (PS3 v. 360, a certain team winning the toss, how the teams scored in terms of FGs or TDs with 1 and/or 2 pt conversions, possibly which endzone you choose, etc) but I don't think anyone has determined what causes the glitch to occur for some while not for others.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Had this happen to me yesterday I hadnt lost a game in several years. I held the CPU to a FG at the start of the 2nd OT. Then instead of me getting the ball back the CPU gets the ball again. I noticed what was going on so I was just gonna exit the game but then I intercepted the first pass and couldn't after that.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

This has happened to me twice. It just happened 5 mins ago. They got the ball first and kicked a FG. Next possession they have the ball again? Run 1 play and the game is over, we lose.

I just quit out of the game. I am not taking a bs loss like that. I don't know why this is a issue now. I don't remembering it doing that when I was in a long OT game awhile ago. Needs fixing asap.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »