Home

Create Coach or Use Existing: How Do People Play?

This is a discussion on Create Coach or Use Existing: How Do People Play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you prefer t use Existing Coach or Create a Coach in Dynasty mode?
Existing Coach 7 17.50%
Create a Coach 33 82.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4
Create Coach or Use Existing: How Do People Play?

I am just curious, how people play this game. Do most create themselves (or some other fictional) character, work their way up as to head coach, etc., or do they just use the existing head coaches, in dynasty mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Create Coach or Use Existing: How Do People Play?

Yes. I generally start out as the existing head coach at Arizona, and a year or two in create a young coordinator at a low-level program and work up through the ranks. If a really appealing job opens up at a power school (i.e. Texas, Michigan, Bama, and the like), I'll have my Arizona coach leave and possibly turn him over to CPU control while continuing to build up my created coach.

I approach Dynasty kind of like a Connected Career mode, only without the silly limitations the Madden devs imposed on the game. I like playing as other teams and styles a few times a season, and I do occasionally edit players.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Rookie

TpHoosier's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Yes. I generally start out as the existing head coach at Arizona, and a year or two in create a young coordinator at a low-level program and work up through the ranks. If a really appealing job opens up at a power school (i.e. Texas, Michigan, Bama, and the like), I'll have my Arizona coach leave and possibly turn him over to CPU control while continuing to build up my created coach.

I approach Dynasty kind of like a Connected Career mode, only without the silly limitations the Madden devs imposed on the game. I like playing as other teams and styles a few times a season, and I do occasionally edit players.

First, nice to see NAU being rep. I'm from flagstaff moved to Indiana, NAU -UofA wildcats for life,
I created a lil back story for my coach but didn't start as a OC or DC,
My coach was a successful High School HC study at UofA as a grad. Got his first start as HC of IU, rebuilding a program who was 1-11 and 4-8 last 2 season. Coach Steven had several good references from his past helping him land his job. I use my own playbook, which has UofA as a base, and my DC playbook. I would like to build the program to greatness, and lead a Urban Myers kinda of career.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I usually make a fictional coach since I want to start off from scratch with the coach skills.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
I approach Dynasty kind of like a Connected Career mode, only without the silly limitations the Madden devs imposed on the game.
What does this mean? (I don't play Madden)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I like to do both. I like to create a young coach, start at the bottom, then work my way up. I also enjoy taking over a young coach's career to see where I can take him.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

The do both, with my favorite team (Miami) I use existing coach then create a coach and start out with a 1 star team and work my way up.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #8
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What does this mean? (I don't play Madden)
lol I don't really play Madden anymore either, I rented the last two and went no further.

The idea is you can begin multiple careers within the same Dynasty/Franchise "universe." In Madden, you can start as a player, coach, or owner, but as time progresses in your franchise you can create a new role for yourself without having to start the mode over.

For example, if I decide I don't want to keep pounding my conference to glass as a power coach at Ohio State, but instead want to take on the challenge of rebuilding Akron, I can do so from within the same dynasty time frame.

It adds (for me anyway) more of an immersion factor, it makes the dynasty experience feel more realistic. There is only going to have been one 2015 National Champion.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »