Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #809
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdcougs
Interesting. Does it happen every season? I was worried I did something and it will be like that every season now.
No it doesn't do it every year. On Bowl week I save my file then bring it into the editor to make my playoff adjustments. The only way I have found to fix it is to go back to this file and redo the sim and advance from that file. Some times it fixes it some times it happens again. Because of this I have just let it be messed up as I do not like going back simming the games again and getting different results.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #810
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdcougs
Interesting. Does it happen every season? I was worried I did something and it will be like that every season now.

I've seen this issue before I even heard of the editor. It's an EA bug.

At least with the editor you can fix the polls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #811
Pro

OVR: 4

btw, my feeling is that this has to do with the NC game being in week 21 instead of week 22 - the calendar stuff in the game is a bit goofy, but I don't know for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #812
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Couldn't you just edit the rankings as you see fit anyway? Or will that not really make a difference?
Old 03-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #813
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Couldn't you just edit the rankings as you see fit anyway? Or will that not really make a difference?

you can, and that's what I do, it's just nice to not have to do that
Old 03-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #814
Rookie

OVR: 0

I know in order to be able to sim edited bowl games, use Unknowns > SGIN > Game # > 127. What about regular season and/or conference championship games? If we edit any of those- do we need to change anything to be able to sim?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #815
Rookie

OVR: 0
Restoring the WAC

I have been trying to find a way to add the WAC back into the game for an additional conference. I have tried using both Xan's Dynasty and PocketScout's Configuration. When attempting to add teams via the editor, every corressponding number seems to be in line. I only moved 8 teams of the original WAC in attempt to test out having an additional conference in the game. Teams would appear in the WAC conference if I scrolled to the WAC under conference standings. The WAC was not automatically highlighted as I was playing with UNLV. I played a couple games to verify field logos and such. UNLV still had a MW logo on their field; however, when I played at Louisana Tech, LATECH's field had the WAC logo.

I simulated to the end of season in an attempt to restore the WAC to a two division 16 team super-conference in order to comandeer the MW to allow for smaller 10 team conferences. Whenever, I attempted to add a team to the WAC I recieved an Error that the conference was already full.

I even received the error, when I simulated a season with stock conferences for year 1 and then tried to add the WAC before going to custom conferences.

I then attempted to switch out the Independents for the WAC using Xan's Config... I was able to make the Independents disappear to historic, where the code hides the WAC; however, the WAC wasn't responding in the same way the other FBS conferences and wouldn't let me add teams.

If NCAA 14 allowed 11 conferences and independents then I would be able to get back down to enough 10 team conferences. Even if it was possible to switch out the independents for a conference that allows similiar scheduling to every other conference, then I could make it work. I just can't get either scenario to work.

Basically I wanted 10 team conferences for the PAC, BIG, BIG XII, MW, AAC, ACC, and SEC... with the restored WAC, MAC, C-USA, and Sunbelt holding the mid-majors and leftovers ... I wanted Army, Navy and AF as independents but would be willing to give up on that if I needed to do so in order to get the others to happen.

Has anyone else tinkered with something like this? I am not the most experienced NCAA modder by any stretch, maybe I am missing something...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #816
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

So is there any way to revert conferences back to a 8 in conference schedule? I just noticed that they play 9 (conference) games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »