Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Alright thanks for the help KingNick and PocketScout. I figured it all out and got the playoff to work, couple questions though.

Can I pre-set the Cotton Bowl/Chick-fil-A, etc. to even worse teams than #4 Sun Belt/MAC? Reason is in my test dynasty the #4 teams in those conferences were both 8-4. Not the worst thing, but if I can prevent from sticking it to 8-4 teams I would like to. Would it work if I set it to like the #8 teams in MAC/Sun Belt, so it would most likely be teams that aren't even above .500?

And then another question I had was when my team qualifies for the playoffs, lets say as the #3 team, and I win the "semi-final" game, when do I go back in and edit the BCS Championship game?

Do I save my file after I win the game, and then edit it, or can that not be done?

Or do I have to use a save from before I played the game, edit the BCS title game since I "know" I already won the "semi-final" game from before?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #82
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Ok. Everything works fine until I load the dynasty save file in the DB editor, when the editor starts "(Not Responding)"

Anyone know why this might be?
Old 12-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
Ok. Everything works fine until I load the dynasty save file in the DB editor, when the editor starts "(Not Responding)"

Usually takes about 10 seconds for me and then all the data pops up.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #84
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft_Works
Alright thanks for the help KingNick and PocketScout. I figured it all out and got the playoff to work, couple questions though.

Can I pre-set the Cotton Bowl/Chick-fil-A, etc. to even worse teams than #4 Sun Belt/MAC? Reason is in my test dynasty the #4 teams in those conferences were both 8-4. Not the worst thing, but if I can prevent from sticking it to 8-4 teams I would like to. Would it work if I set it to like the #8 teams in MAC/Sun Belt, so it would most likely be teams that aren't even above .500?

And then another question I had was when my team qualifies for the playoffs, lets say as the #3 team, and I win the "semi-final" game, when do I go back in and edit the BCS Championship game?

Do I save my file after I win the game, and then edit it, or can that not be done?

Or do I have to use a save from before I played the game, edit the BCS title game since I "know" I already won the "semi-final" game from before?
Yeah in my save how I have the relegation stuff setup the #4 teams from Sun Belt and MAC work for me, doing lower seeds would not be an issue if needed. I updated the 4 Team Playoff post with how to deal with 1 vs 2 in the playoffs or any other matchup.

Quote:

It takes a while to load up the initial file, just be patient it can take over 5 minutes in some cases.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #85
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Yeah in my save how I have the relegation stuff setup the #4 teams from Sun Belt and MAC work for me, doing lower seeds would not be an issue if needed. I updated the 4 Team Playoff post with how to deal with 1 vs 2 in the playoffs or any other matchup.

It takes a while to load up the initial file, just be patient it can take over 5 minutes in some cases.
JUST FINISHED LOADING!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #86
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded HxD and didn't see MC02 or CON. I am taking from week 8 just to mess around with. Could that be an issue?

Here is my file, if anyone could take a look.
Have you followed the PS3 guide listed in the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
I'm taking from the preseason of season 1. Want to start a 1978 dynasty, and adjust everything going in (bowl games, rankings, etc)
I think you need to be out of the preseason for it to work.

Quote:
Could I leave conferences empty, therefore "removing" them from the dynasty, or would that corrupt the file?
The WAC is still in the table and is empty, it might be a possibility but I have not messed with it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick865
So what do we do if both of the lower seeds win in the 4-team playoff?

For example, I had the Rose Bowl as #2 Texas vs. #3 Ohio State and the Sugar Bowl as #1 Navy vs. #4 Tennessee. I beat Navy, and Ohio State beat Texas. Thusly, I moved Tennessee and Ohio State into the BCS championship game after that. However, I cannot play it because the score for the Texas/Ohio State game is displayed as the score for the BCS CG as well.
Check the 4-Team playoff post, I updated it with the info needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
Do you know if changing the program tradition rating will stick? Or is it dynamically generated?
No it is increased by winning more regular season games, making it to bowl games, winning conference championships and National Championships.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #87
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Hey scout, when you're in the editor, in the stadium section, do all of the options have the same "Team Mascot Name" and is the "Stadium Years" the same for all of them?
Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #88
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Hey scout, when you're in the editor, in the stadium section, do all of the options have the same "Team Mascot Name" and is the "Stadium Years" the same for all of them?
Yup, there is a lot of old stuff that got carried over from the ps2 days that they left in the databases but never used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »