Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #97
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
I got this error. However I had no user team in the playoff. I think what might have done/probably did it is that rather than doing the thing with the SGIN and SWQT I tried the idea I mentioned earlier...
Did it the way PocketScout said and still had an error. Rather than a NCG of Texas @ Ohio State like i wanted, I had Oklahoma @ Ohio State (Actual Rose Bowl/Semi Matchup).
Old 12-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #98
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick865
This still isn't working for me.

Did everything the guide asks you to do, but I'm still getting one out of two errors.

1. National championship game still isn't playable. I suspect this is because there's a user controlled team in the tournament, and user controlled teams have no data in the SGIN area.

2. If it is playable, it's not the championship I put in. I put in Tennessee and Ohio State, but every time I enter the championship game, it's Navy vs. Tennessee or Ohio State vs. Texas. I suspect this is because Navy and Tennessee is still the first bowl matchup out of the two scheduled, and that the game will not let you play in more than one bowl matchup.

I think I'm about to just go the other route and put Ohio State vs. Tennessee in the national title straight away, and put Texas vs. Navy in another bowl matchup.
Damn I missed that there was no User Teams in the SGIN when I was doing the write up. Looking at it, it appears a "solve all" is to get a save at the start of the bowl season (backup this save file) now manually edit bowls so you can get your semifinals then supersim them to get your winners

example..
#1 Alabama vs #4 Va Tech
#2 Ohio State vs #3 Oregon

#4 Va Tech and #3 Oregon win so reload the clean save an put them in NC game and put #1 Alabama vs #2 Ohio State in a regular BCS bowl. The winner of the BCS game will automatically be named the national champion. This will not have the extra win for the teams winning the semi finals and the extra losses for the losers but it will work and right now we are just trying to find the best way to get a 4 team playoff working.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #99
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Have you followed the PS3 guide listed in the OP?
Yes, I will keep trying though.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #100
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

I updated the 4 team guide on the first page with a simpler solution.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
No it is increased by winning more regular season games, making it to bowl games, winning conference championships and National Championships.
I should have been clearer, I meant will it stick as far as starting new dynasties. It's fine if it improves/changes over time, I just want to be able to set it lower to start.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to keep Army & Navy from becoming powerhouses, and it seems like cutting program tradition down to reflect how bad they've been at football for the past 50 years might help do it (in addition to getting rid of the option run playbook). If I could drop their program tradition from A- to D+/C-, I think it would prevent them from getting a lot of higher end recruits they'd never see in real life and stop them from regularly having top 25 recruiting classes.

Since asking, I've tried changing it for roster files in the generic editor, but new dynasties are still giving them an A- even with the Tradition field edited and saved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #102
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm about to give up. This would be a really cool app if it worked, but no matter how many times I try, while following the directions linked, I always get the response that the file I renamed is not an MC02 file. Obviously I'm reading the wrong instructions because this is BS.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #103
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
I'm about to give up. This would be a really cool app if it worked, but no matter how many times I try, while following the directions linked, I always get the response that the file I renamed is not an MC02 file. Obviously I'm reading the wrong instructions because this is BS.
Idk if you watched the video or tried this already, but when selecting the dynasty save file he switches from "MC02" to "all." Start watching at about 40 seconds to see what I mean.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #104
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
I updated the 4 team guide on the first page with a simpler solution.
Make sure that you change the update to explain the Schedules and Team Schedules thing. That's pretty important and new readers could be totally confused without those instructions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »