Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #481
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Ok, so I got my file to open in the editor. Using a test file for this right now but haven't changed much yet. Thinking of randomizing the bowl matchups a bit just to get some different match-ups...anybody know what happens if I switch every spot to an at-large (I think the editor calls them Generic) team? I imagine that might make the system go bonkers since it wouldn't have a way to determine who goes where but thought I'd see if anyone tried it first. I'd love to have a 16-team playoff but I'm not sure that I'm ready for that level of complication just yet...

Also, I am testing a randomized system that I thought of which combines ideas from OS users Hellisan and StoneCalf. As part of this, I wanted to get a sense of how many players the system had at each position. After manually counting all of the QBs (498 in my test dynasty...), I thought that this editor might help speed that up if I could export the list somehow. I figured out how to do it and was finally able to isolate the position and team columns but I had a few questions...

1) Is there anything that explains what each column is? I couldn't find anything in the editor last night but maybe I just missed it. If I can do the editing directly in the file rather than in-game, it might speed up the process.

OR 1b) Is there a way to export the list with English-language descriptions rather than numeric indicators (so QB instead of 0 in the position field, Air Force instead of 1 in the team field, etc)?

2) Does this editor have an option to make global adjustments? For example, can I decrease each Awareness rating by 10 pts or 5% in one spot rather than going into each player to do it manually? I know how to export the file and can use Excel formulas to do it faster but didn't know if there was an easier way in general to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #482
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I'm not an expert in this modding process (just got my file to open last night and called that a success before bed) but the message that you're describing is a standard Windows message. Basically, if you take a Word document and change the .docx part to something else, it might screw things up or make things look strange when you try to open it in Word. In my experience, it rarely does anything that can't be fixed by just changing it back.

In other words, you're good...no need to worry about it and nothing to fix.

Well last time I ignored that it got corrupted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #483
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly
I don't believe so, IIRC from reading way back in this thread.

Does anyone know if you can rename the bowls with the Editor? I am sure you are stuck with the logos, but I would like to rename the bowls.
Yes, you can rename the bowls. And yes, the old logos remain. IE I renamed a bowl to "Eastern Quarterfinals."
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #484
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonk
Well last time I ignored that it got corrupted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you talking about ignoring it on the .mc02 file? Or the last time you did it to another file? Regardless, the message that you're getting is not specific to this process. If you change any file extension, you'd get this same message.

If it's the .mc02 one, have you re-encrypted it? If not, that might cause it to become corrupt when sending it back to your system. I don't know all of the details involved and haven't sent mine back to my game yet but that seems like it could cause it to become corrupted. If you haven't, you could try re-encrpyting the corrupted file in BruteForce and try it again...might not work but it could save you a ton of time re-doing everything from scratch.

Sorry...still working on my file so haven't run into this issue before. Hopefully, one of the experts can chime in with some help if this doesn't work.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #485
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was wondering if there as a mod that i can change more than 12 custom teams - I have like 60 custom teams and would love the ability to swap them or more out with the real teams. Can that be done?

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #486
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Ok, so I got my file to open in the editor. Using a test file for this right now but haven't changed much yet. Thinking of randomizing the bowl matchups a bit just to get some different match-ups...anybody know what happens if I switch every spot to an at-large (I think the editor calls them Generic) team? I imagine that might make the system go bonkers since it wouldn't have a way to determine who goes where but thought I'd see if anyone tried it first. I'd love to have a 16-team playoff but I'm not sure that I'm ready for that level of complication just yet...

Also, I am testing a randomized system that I thought of which combines ideas from OS users Hellisan and StoneCalf. As part of this, I wanted to get a sense of how many players the system had at each position. After manually counting all of the QBs (498 in my test dynasty...), I thought that this editor might help speed that up if I could export the list somehow. I figured out how to do it and was finally able to isolate the position and team columns but I had a few questions...

1) Is there anything that explains what each column is? I couldn't find anything in the editor last night but maybe I just missed it. If I can do the editing directly in the file rather than in-game, it might speed up the process.

OR 1b) Is there a way to export the list with English-language descriptions rather than numeric indicators (so QB instead of 0 in the position field, Air Force instead of 1 in the team field, etc)?

2) Does this editor have an option to make global adjustments? For example, can I decrease each Awareness rating by 10 pts or 5% in one spot rather than going into each player to do it manually? I know how to export the file and can use Excel formulas to do it faster but didn't know if there was an easier way in general to do this.
1. I've done the bowl match-up switch to mostly generic/at-large berths and it didn't create any glitch/freezing issues, but it did create some weird match-ups though. Ranked teams that didn't make the BCS all seemed to go to the earliest-played bowls if I remember right, as if they got first pick rather than like the Cotton/Chick-Fil-A/Capital One or other more "prestigious" games.

2. I know there is a list somewhere in the Editor threads that breaks some of the columns and acronyms down, I know those are getting quite large, but could be worth some time clicking around. I think the second version/EA DB Editor has columns named Speed, Play Recognition, etc. rather than the PSPD or PREC abbreviations. All Excel exports have the code language though.

3. You can do mass edits, like +5 to AWR or -10 to ACC, just filter to the position or team you want to change and do a mass edit.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #487
Just started!

Connecticut vs South Florida Live

Competition: NCAA Regular season 2014
Week 04= Connecticut vs South Florida Live
Date:Friday, September 19 ,2014
Time: 8:00 PM ET
Live / Repeat:Live
Don’t worry,it is too easy to watch.just try it.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #488
Rookie

Sorry guys, I tried to start my own thread but the site wouldn't let me. Dumb question but I have forgotten how to base align my D in 14. Can anyone tell me the button combo to do it?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »