Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Ok I tested all of them on the site i mentioned in my previous post, they all work but I used the latest one on that site. When i open it up i still get the error message but most of the data is there, a few things are missing still but they arent important (i think) since i can still access Places>Bowls. My bowl #s are different than UofCWildcat's, does this mean something is wrong or is it ok? Also i would still like someone that this worked for to email me a copy of their editor if you could to see if an older version works better. Theres a chance this isnt working just for windows 8 users too.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #514
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazshepherd
Ok I tested all of them on the site i mentioned in my previous post, they all work but I used the latest one on that site. When i open it up i still get the error message but most of the data is there, a few things are missing still but they arent important (i think) since i can still access Places>Bowls. My bowl #s are different than UofCWildcat's, does this mean something is wrong or is it ok? Also i would still like someone that this worked for to email me a copy of their editor if you could to see if an older version works better. Theres a chance this isnt working just for windows 8 users too.
I'm on Windows 8 and it works fine for me (from 360).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm on Windows 8 and it works fine for me (from 360).
I tried installing one of the ones from that site that I found, as I mentioned some of the features are not in it and I got a similar error message, though some of the stuff did load such as player data, places, bowls etc. But one of the things that didn't load was the Schedule Data stuff, and this is essential to creating the 4 team playoff as seen in the tutorial vid. So the editors on that page I found are a bust. Could you send me a copy of your ea DB editor files so I can see if it's just the download doesn't work well? PM me and I'll give my email please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #516
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
IF that's the issue, I'd like to second Chazshepherd's request.

I'm getting the same error message whenever I try anything in the editor.
If I can get a copy that works from someone I'll send it to you.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #517
Rookie

I talked with microsoft support and they said theres a possibility that theres something wrong with .NET framework on our computers. They say that .NET is easily corrupted or messed up and that I would have to buy their Premium Support thing and let them fix it for me for $100, which im not doing. I am a mostly all mac person, i only have a pc for gaming so could someone thats getting the error try and do the playoff on a different pc and see if it doesnt work on any of them? Also can i do this on mac?

Last edited by Chazshepherd; 10-19-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 10-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #518
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazshepherd
I talked with microsoft support and they said theres a possibility that theres something wrong with .NET framework on our computers. They say that .NET is easily corrupted or messed up and that I would have to buy their Premium Support thing and let them fix it for me for $100, which im not doing. I am a mostly all mac person, i only have a pc for gaming so could someone thats getting the error try and do the playoff on a different pc and see if it doesnt work on any of them? Also can i do this on mac?
Sounds like if you are having post processor problems with the generic editor. This is caused by an issue with the .xml config file. I posted one in the OP of this thread. It does not have roster edit stuff which appears to cause the problem. When Xanathol wrote the update he missed adding an error handler for that issue and has not been around in a while. The older versions are different that the last release (as you have seen) as the config file has been extensively mapped, problem is there is an error somewhere and I have not taken the time to try and find it (as I don't mess with roster edits).

Last edited by PocketScout; 10-19-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #519
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Microsoft's response...part of the reason I've gone more mobile and considering a PS4 (not that Sony is a lot better, different argument for elsewhere).

ANYWAY
I'm having better luck with the generic editor from the OP. Still getting a feeling for it, but I've rescheduled my team's games without error and monkeyed with some of the non playoff/former non BCS bowls. I might look into doing ALL schedules, I haven't decided yet.

Which reminds me, I'm using Minnesota...as said, I've updated their schedule to mirror the real life one. Let's say I don't adjust anyone else's...how bad is that going to goof things up? Let's just use the TCU game for instance, if I don't change TCUs schedule for week 4 I'm assuming that will cause some major glitch?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #520
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Sounds like if you are having post processor problems with the generic editor. This is caused by an issue with the .xml config file. I posted one in the OP of this thread. It does not have roster edit stuff which appears to cause the problem. When Xanathol wrote the update he missed adding an error handler for that issue and has not been around in a while. The older versions are different that the last release (as you have seen) as the config file has been extensively mapped, problem is there is an error somewhere and I have not taken the time to try and find it (as I don't mess with roster edits).
How can i fix this? It would be awesome if I could send you, or someone else it's working for, my files to do it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »