Home

Two questions that have baffled me - please help

This is a discussion on Two questions that have baffled me - please help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Two questions that have baffled me - please help

Hello all, and thank you in advance.

I have been a long time lurker and have avidly read posts here regarding the NCAA series. I have 2 questions that I cannot figure out and I hope someone here knows the answers.

1) During recruiting visits for a HB or TE, there is a bonus number of points, usually +100 if you get 100yds rushing with HB or 100yds receiving with TE. Does that mean a single TE must catch 100yds worth or a single HB must rush for 100yds? Or, can 2 TEs total 100yds [like TE 1 gets 70 yds and TE 2 gets 40yds receiving] and 2 HBs total 100 yds [HB 1 gets 65 yds and HB 2 gets 70 yds rushing].

2) Under coaching philosophy, how to I set the slider for 55% rushing, 45 % passing? Also, how do I set it up so that I get something like 57% rushing and 43% passing? It seems to only permit multiples of 5. Bsaically, I guess I am asking is where should the slider be as it confuses me since the left hand side shows rushing/passing or something like that.

Thank you and again, thank you for your help in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Two questions that have baffled me - please help

Dont know about #2 but #1 I would assume is combined yardage for TE's RB's etc...

I'm assuming the program uses the same logic as rushing/passing yardage XP bonuses - that is combined, thus you would think same holds true for recruiting purposes.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Two questions that have baffled me - please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbywan
Hello all, and thank you in advance.

I have been a long time lurker and have avidly read posts here regarding the NCAA series. I have 2 questions that I cannot figure out and I hope someone here knows the answers.

1) During recruiting visits for a HB or TE, there is a bonus number of points, usually +100 if you get 100yds rushing with HB or 100yds receiving with TE. Does that mean a single TE must catch 100yds worth or a single HB must rush for 100yds? Or, can 2 TEs total 100yds [like TE 1 gets 70 yds and TE 2 gets 40yds receiving] and 2 HBs total 100 yds [HB 1 gets 65 yds and HB 2 gets 70 yds rushing].

2) Under coaching philosophy, how to I set the slider for 55% rushing, 45 % passing? Also, how do I set it up so that I get something like 57% rushing and 43% passing? It seems to only permit multiples of 5. Bsaically, I guess I am asking is where should the slider be as it confuses me since the left hand side shows rushing/passing or something like that.

Thank you and again, thank you for your help in advance.
1) TEs are the only position specific goals. You need 100 yards by TEs, but I'm pretty sure 50 by TE#1 and 50 by TE#2 qualifies.
For HBs or FBs (and OL), it's 100 yards rushing as a team. If you get 100 yds rushing by your QB and 0 by your HBs that qualifies. Same goes for 250 passing yards for WRs; it's 250 total so 100 receiving yds by WRs and 150 by TEs qualifies.

2) The side that's closer to the end of the slider gets more. IE (with "X" being the slider bar):
run |XXX________________| Pass - This means very heavy running with little passing.
run |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX__| Pass - This means very heavy passing with little running

There are only 5 point increments, but it's just a generalization anyway. Setting it at 65 doesn't mean you'll always get 65%, just that it'll be in that general area.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »