Home

looking for a diamond team

This is a discussion on looking for a diamond team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: looking for a diamond team

Georgia Tech, especially if you use an updated roster that has WR Deandre Smelter created. GT actually used the formation a lot this past season despite it not being in the in-game playbook.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsatterwhite
Georgia Tech, especially if you use an updated roster that has WR Deandre Smelter created. GT actually used the formation a lot this past season despite it not being in the in-game playbook.
Yeah, GT or any team that runs the flexbone/wishbone (Army, Navy, Air Force).

Also, you should check out ND. They have two great speed backs (Atkinson, Carlisle) a good true freshman HB that can be turned into a fullback (Bryant) and a couple mobile QBs. With them, I was almost entirely running flexbone/wishbone as well as a mini-scheme out of shotgun spread involving putting both runningbacks at slot and running a lot of jet sweeps, jet options, and fake jet dives with Bryant in the backfield.

FSU also has a superb roster for your type of offense. With them, I ran almost entirely out of pistol, using a lot of crowded backfield formations. They have three very good runningbacks from Freeman (balanced/speed) to Wilder (balanced/power) to Pender (speed). Wilder can play that FB roll much like ND's Bryant, but with the pistol that wasn't necessary, but rather I simply used formation subs. If you're looking to run exclusively the diamond, either teams work, but I think FSU has the edge with runningbacks better suited to pound the ball and a QB who can be very dangerous downfield. Also, Kelvin Benjamin is that monster downfield threat that you wanted measuring 6'5 and 243 lbs. Compared to real life, he's modestly rated, but his 85 spc 81 cit and 93 rte combined with his height and 97 jumping make him deadly, especially in his Junior and Senior seasons.

Personally, I'm looking for a team that can run these types of offenses, but much more lowly rated and in a less competitive conference as a rebuilding challenge but I've yet to find a good fit. If anybody knows of a team with 2-3 good HBs (compared to their relative competitions) and a mildly fast QB let me know. The closest I've been able to find is Kent State but their QB's speed doesn't quite cut it.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Yeah, GT or any team that runs the flexbone/wishbone (Army, Navy, Air Force).

Also, you should check out ND. They have two great speed backs (Atkinson, Carlisle) a good true freshman HB that can be turned into a fullback (Bryant) and a couple mobile QBs. With them, I was almost entirely running flexbone/wishbone as well as a mini-scheme out of shotgun spread involving putting both runningbacks at slot and running a lot of jet sweeps, jet options, and fake jet dives with Bryant in the backfield.

FSU also has a superb roster for your type of offense. With them, I ran almost entirely out of pistol, using a lot of crowded backfield formations. They have three very good runningbacks from Freeman (balanced/speed) to Wilder (balanced/power) to Pender (speed). Wilder can play that FB roll much like ND's Bryant, but with the pistol that wasn't necessary, but rather I simply used formation subs. If you're looking to run exclusively the diamond, either teams work, but I think FSU has the edge with runningbacks better suited to pound the ball and a QB who can be very dangerous downfield. Also, Kelvin Benjamin is that monster downfield threat that you wanted measuring 6'5 and 243 lbs. Compared to real life, he's modestly rated, but his 85 spc 81 cit and 93 rte combined with his height and 97 jumping make him deadly, especially in his Junior and Senior seasons.

Personally, I'm looking for a team that can run these types of offenses, but much more lowly rated and in a less competitive conference as a rebuilding challenge but I've yet to find a good fit. If anybody knows of a team with 2-3 good HBs (compared to their relative competitions) and a mildly fast QB let me know. The closest I've been able to find is Kent State but their QB's speed doesn't quite cut it.
with some schedule editing i think florida state will work for you id say utsa or maybe niu maybe a marshall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Check out Toledo, their QB should be a bit faster than Kent's and the RB depth after Fluellen (who is a top notch RB altogether) should be good enough for the MAC. Plus, Fluellen and the QB are both seniors so you can recruit their successors right off the bat.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Oklahoma State runs it. Two fast QBs, two pretty good running backs, solid offensive line, and a couple pretty receivers. Might be a little higher ranked team than you're looking for though.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #14
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Oklahoma State runs it. Two fast QBs, two pretty good running backs, solid offensive line, and a couple pretty receivers. Might be a little higher ranked team than you're looking for though.
what type of backs are they ideally i want one power and one speed and a possession tightend and the focus is more on teams that arent O.P. in the game like oregon or bama teams that dont usually go 10-2 in game i want a challenge
Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcrf
how are the receivers im not asking for monsters there but i do need some size
Whoops, sorry. Forgot to say that Lockett and Thompson are WRs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
Pro

kingcrf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
Whoops, sorry. Forgot to say that Lockett and Thompson are WRs.
yea their a tad small im looking for more of the ramses barden and larry fitzgerald build kinda guys not as athletic but big strong receivers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »