Home

Recruiting house rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting house rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Recruiting house rules

Wondering if anyone has house rules in recruiting based on team prestige and also conference?

I have a reasonable way of taking a 1 star team and building them up to a powerhouse based on relegation/delegation. (4 levels through 4 regions like what's been talked about).

I am now looking for a reasonably realistic way of recruiting for a team based on their prestige and/or conference. I used to only recruit star calibur players for what my team prestige is (i.e cannot recruit Star players that are above my prestige, if I'm a 2 star prestige I can only recruit 2 star level or lower kids.)

What I'm finding is I will be in a lower conference (2nd level out of 4), but my team may be a 4 star prestige so I am recruiting all these 4 star players as a MAC conference team, which isn't realistic IMO.

I'm trying to find a way to put limits, for myself, on what level tiers would be able to recruit what level kids.

For example, Boise State has done a great job of building a program that is always ranked, - but they aren't exactly pulling in a ton of 4 and 5 star kids because of their conference and/or facilities or whatever. They might get a couple 4 stars or so that are gems for their class, but that's about it.

Northern Illinois has just strung together a couple outstanding years, and have put together a nice plethora of 2 stars with a handful of 3 stars (good class got a MAC program).

Any thoughts of somehow finding a way of replicating how this can work in a dynasty for the user controlled team(s)? I have self control with recruiting, but looking for a system of guidelines I can put in that will prevent me from jacking up an overall team of 95+ (class relative) after 6-7 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting house rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Wondering if anyone has house rules in recruiting based on team prestige and also conference?

I have a reasonable way of taking a 1 star team and building them up to a powerhouse based on relegation/delegation. (4 levels through 4 regions like what's been talked about).

I am now looking for a reasonably realistic way of recruiting for a team based on their prestige and/or conference. I used to only recruit star calibur players for what my team prestige is (i.e cannot recruit Star players that are above my prestige, if I'm a 2 star prestige I can only recruit 2 star level or lower kids.)

What I'm finding is I will be in a lower conference (2nd level out of 4), but my team may be a 4 star prestige so I am recruiting all these 4 star players as a MAC conference team, which isn't realistic IMO.

I'm trying to find a way to put limits, for myself, on what level tiers would be able to recruit what level kids.

For example, Boise State has done a great job of building a program that is always ranked, - but they aren't exactly pulling in a ton of 4 and 5 star kids because of their conference and/or facilities or whatever. They might get a couple 4 stars or so that are gems for their class, but that's about it.

Northern Illinois has just strung together a couple outstanding years, and have put together a nice plethora of 2 stars with a handful of 3 stars (good class got a MAC program).

Any thoughts of somehow finding a way of replicating how this can work in a dynasty for the user controlled team(s)? I have self control with recruiting, but looking for a system of guidelines I can put in that will prevent me from jacking up an overall team of 95+ (class relative) after 6-7 years.
There are many recruiting house rules but a fun one that would fit your criteria is only recruit 3 stars and under, and get the gems. Since that's basically what the programs you described do.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

3 star or under sounds good, maybe a few 4s now and then from locally?

Look at the pitch values (forget the proper name for the tab), if you aren't a B or better in all or the top two, don't recruit (I kind of like this though I don't always hold to it, since it feel kinda realistic).
Old 12-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

4* from in state only (and you can set a limit on how many)
3* from pipeline
1* & 2* from anywhere

You could also limit how many players you sign to the number of seniors leaving +3 or 4 if you want.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

First year at a job I only recruit out of the state where I'm located, each year adding another state to recruit out of. It can force you to take walkons at some positions simply because there weren't any players at that position in your recruiting states especially if you're located in a non hotbed state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
First year at a job I only recruit out of the state where I'm located, each year adding another state to recruit out of. It can force you to take walkons at some positions simply because there weren't any players at that position in your recruiting states especially if you're located in a non hotbed state.
That's extreme man!!! SOUNDS LIKE THE ULTIMATE CHALLENG!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #7
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
That's extreme man!!! SOUNDS LIKE THE ULTIMATE CHALLENG!
Its too easy to load up on talent without imposing some rules on yourself, I figured this is a unique way of doing it.

The only thing I forgot to mention is when selecting a new state to recruit from, it has to border another recruiting state. So no jumping from Minnesota to Texas in one year
Old 12-15-2013, 02:37 AM   #8
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Its too easy to load up on talent without imposing some rules on yourself, I figured this is a unique way of doing it.

The only thing I forgot to mention is when selecting a new state to recruit from, it has to border another recruiting state. So no jumping from Minnesota to Texas in one year
Imagine using a team builder team that's in Alaska...

Year one, only Alaska
Year two, you can only add Canada

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »