Home

I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

This is a discussion on I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #73
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
Things that help me:

Job upgrade restrictions:

I had to start as an OC of a low prestige school and could only upgrade to non-BCS schools a max of two stars better than my current school or BCS-AQ schools which were a max of one star better than my current school. I also made myself stay as an OC for at least 5 years total.

When I finally did become a HC I made a rule that it has to be a school at least 3 stars lower than the school where I was last an OC. The same rules for taking new jobs that I placed for a OC apply for HC with an added rule that I must spend 5 years at one school as HC before leaving.

I did have a few exceptions to these rules tho:

If one of my "dream jobs" opened up, I can leave to accept it at anytime, as long as I did not upgrade from OC to HC to do it.

Dream jobs include:
Indiana - My favorite
Wake Forest - Coaches alma mater
TCU - Idk why, I just like them.

I can also leave to be the HC at a school where I was OC previously at any time.

These would include:
North Texas
Colorado

Recruiting Restrictions

I kinda let these slide at the first two jobs, but at New Mexico State I'm imposing these restrictions:

- Can recruit any interested prospects
- Non interested prospects can only be recruited if they fit the following rules:
1) In state recruits signed can only have a rating 2-stars higher than school prestige rating (NMSU is a 1-star program, so in state kids can only be a max of 3-stars).
2) Players who are from out of state, but are from a pipeline state can have rating of one-star higher than school prestige (so 2-star max for now).
3) All non-pipeline recruits must be same rating as school's prestige or lower (1-star current max).
-Max number of prospects I can sign is # of seniors leaving +2.

Fun things to do to keep the dynasty fresh:
-Create myself and friends as recruits and track their careers.
- Implement a relegation system
- Use the Generic editor (found in the roster section of the forum) to make a project out of figuring out how to get the WAC into my dynasty to help the relegation system run more smoothly.
- Use the generic editor to set up a 4-team playoff.
I'm really digging these rules man. I played two years as OC for Texas State then 3 for Northwestern. I kind of bent the rules a little because when I left Northwestern they were a 5 star team, meaning I'd have to take a job at a 2 star program. I ended up taking the Utah job though and they were a 3 star program. I justified it though because Washington (coaches alma mater) offered me their HC job (4 star program). I felt like it was too early in my dynasty to land my dream job so I just pretended it never happened and I went to Utah instead. They were also coming off of an 0-12 season and don't have the personnel to match my style so it's still going to be rough to start off with.

I think since I did bend that rule though that I am going to restrict my recruiting a bit farther. My two pipelines are Texas and Cal so I feel like recruiting would be easy for that. So I am going to restrict and say I can only recruit guys with the same prestige as my school (so 3 star guys from pipeline states)
Old 01-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #74
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I'm really digging these rules man. I played two years as OC for Texas State then 3 for Northwestern. I kind of bent the rules a little because when I left Northwestern they were a 5 star team, meaning I'd have to take a job at a 2 star program. I ended up taking the Utah job though and they were a 3 star program. I justified it though because Washington (coaches alma mater) offered me their HC job (4 star program). I felt like it was too early in my dynasty to land my dream job so I just pretended it never happened and I went to Utah instead. They were also coming off of an 0-12 season and don't have the personnel to match my style so it's still going to be rough to start off with.

I think since I did bend that rule though that I am going to restrict my recruiting a bit farther. My two pipelines are Texas and Cal so I feel like recruiting would be easy for that. So I am going to restrict and say I can only recruit guys with the same prestige as my school (so 3 star guys from pipeline states)
It's ok man. I broke a rule and left after just one season at NMSU for Eastern Michigan, more because I felt like I had cheesed at NMSU and wanted to move on and start using a slower-paced offense to make things more challenging. It also kept me from restarting my dynasty though because I really thought about it.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #75
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me overcome my RDS.

I started as an OC for Texas State. We went 6-6 in year one. I recruiting a 3-star JUCO QB Lee Jackson who ended up being an 85 OVR right out of the gates. Due to the bad Sun Belt defenses, he dominated. Lead the NCAA in passing yards. We were 7th in scoring per game at the end of the year. We finished 10-3 following the first bowl game win in school history. Our backup RB Chris Nutall who had sprained his MCL and was not expected to play made the play of the season for the team.

Down 30-35 to Wyoming with 0:01 remaining on the the clock in the Poinsettia Bowl, Nutall made his debut in the game. Ran the kick back for 93 yards and a score, winning the game. Unfortunately for me being an OC, I didn't get to control the play.

Meanwhile, Auburn had just lost in the National Championship game for the second year in a row. The near-perfect season by the Tigers caused both the OC to get a job elsewhere.

This is where I come in.

I was offered the offensive coordinator job at Auburn at accepted it immediately. I have truly loved this dynasty. Never before had I gotten this far into a dynasty. I plan to play a few more years at Auburn until I get the chance to be a head coach.

Quote:
glad I could help lol. That's exactly what I did. OC at Texas State for 2 years then went to Northwestern for 3 years as OC. About to start my first season as a HC with Utah, who is coming off of an 0-12 season
Oh, and Robo, how has the Utah job gone? I'm curious as to what you've done with the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #76
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

I need to beat RDS! Lets play a game! Pick my dynasty. Team and any ideas to keep it going.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #77
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Oh, and Robo, how has the Utah job gone? I'm curious as to what you've done with the team.
Went 6-7 in the first season losing a bowl game to end the season. I haven't played as much recently so this 2nd season will be slow.

I still don't like having a pocket passer but I'm getting used to him. I have high hopes for this season, hoping to get at least 9 wins. My recruiting class was decent but not great since I have those self imposed rules.

My favorite signing was actually a 2 star JUCO (JR) QB. He's got about 79 speed and came in at an 80 over. He's getting redshirted so by his senior year he should be a 90+ over. I'm actually debating starting him next year over my pocket passer (Who will be a senior then) even though he'll be the lower ovr guy. Definitely hoping to land a good freshman QB in the next year or two
Old 05-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #78
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

So I'm bumping this to restart the discussion. Just started playing again and I need your guys support so I don't suffer from RDS again!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
So I'm bumping this to restart the discussion. Just started playing again and I need your guys support so I don't suffer from RDS again!
Are you not feeling it with the team you've selected?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #80
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Are you not feeling it with the team you've selected?
Well I'm starting as OC of Idaho in year 2. It's going to be a pain and I could see myself trying to flex my recruiting restrictions to make it easier. Which of course would lead me to get bored of the dynasty because the team becomes too good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »