Home

I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

This is a discussion on I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #57
Rookie

cotty45's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Yeah I've tried both and since I can't do your guys' OD I figured I would do a kind of FCS dynasty. I've narrowed my teams down to Appalachian State and Georgia Southern who are both moving up next year, I believe, and Eastern Washington which isn't moving up right now but they're probably the best shot for me to play college ball since I live in Washington.
I would go with one of those, and run the hurry up I- Formation type of gameplan I did this in my last dynasty and enjoyed it until my save corrupted.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #58
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm having a RDS attack tonight.

Watched the Rose Bowl today and I'm now inspired to play using a power-run, pro style offense. However, my personnel and the guys I've recruited at New Mex St. are built for a more spread up tempo option attack.

I think rather than starting a whole new dynasty, I'm going to sim till the end of the season and take a new 1* HC job and start recruiting more based on my scheme than just the best OVR guys I find (for example, 71 OVR balanced or power back over a 74 speed back). I will also install a new pro style playbook.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #59
Rookie

cotty45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
I'm having a RDS attack tonight.

Watched the Rose Bowl today and I'm now inspired to play using a power-run, pro style offense. However, my personnel and the guys I've recruited at New Mex St. are built for a more spread up tempo option attack.

I think rather than starting a whole new dynasty, I'm going to sim till the end of the season and take a new 1* HC job and start recruiting more based on my scheme than just the best OVR guys I find (for example, 71 OVR balanced or power back over a 74 speed back). I will also install a new pro style playbook.

No, Just run it with NMSU for a few years. It might create more of a challenge.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 AM   #60
Rookie

cotty45's Arena

Okay, i just entered year 3 and i accepted the job at ULM who went 0-12( I broke down last night on RDS. Really wish i would have found this last night to keep me going.) and i looked at players leaving, they have 5 seniors going to the NFL....WTC how did they go 0-12.

1QB 2HBs 2CBs and a WR
Old 01-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #61
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Just started my EWU dynasty. They're independent but I'm playing with BuffEyes's newest rosters and playing on Heisman with the puts hair on your chest sliders or something like that. I usually play on All-American with default sliders and cream opponents but I'm pretty sure we'll do pretty bad this year. Our schedule is
1.Bye
2.UTEP
3.#23 Northern Illinois
4.@Ole Miss
5.North Texas
6.@#25 USC
7.@Notre Dame
8.FCS Midwest
9.Bye
10.@#5 Stanford
11.Georgia Tech
12.Bye
13@#1 Florida State
14.@Old Dominion
15.Texas State.
Remind you this is a teambuilder FCS school so we ain't that good. Our best player is rated 79 ovr. From what I saw that's worst in the game. My contract goal of 5 wins will be difficult to do. I might just sim the USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Florida State games just cause they'll be ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 AM   #62
Rookie

cotty45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Just started my EWU dynasty. They're independent but I'm playing with BuffEyes's newest rosters and playing on Heisman with the puts hair on your chest sliders or something like that. I usually play on All-American with default sliders and cream opponents but I'm pretty sure we'll do pretty bad this year. Our schedule is
1.Bye
2.UTEP
3.#23 Northern Illinois
4.@Ole Miss
5.North Texas
6.@#25 USC
7.@Notre Dame
8.FCS Midwest
9.Bye
10.@#5 Stanford
11.Georgia Tech
12.Bye
13@#1 Florida State
14.@Old Dominion
15.Texas State.
Remind you this is a teambuilder FCS school so we ain't that good. Our best player is rated 79 ovr. From what I saw that's worst in the game. My contract goal of 5 wins will be difficult to do. I might just sim the USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Florida State games just cause they'll be ugly.

Seems like it will be good.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #63
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

How do i make Clemson in NCAA 12 a tougher challenge without going 6-6 or worse every year? It seems like i win games either big or close, or i get creamed w OS sliders.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #64
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotty45
No, Just run it with NMSU for a few years. It might create more of a challenge.
Too late... Didn't see your reply till just now, so I ended up at Eastern Michigan.

And about it being more of a challenge at NMSU, I don't know about that. in the offseason recruiting when I got there, the old coach had heavily recruited a 5* and had pretty much placed him in my lap if I wanted him. I got him, and it kinda ruined the challenge... and by kinda I mean really ruined it because I tookmhim and beat Arkansas State 120-28 behind his 800 Yards and 16 total TD's.

If he could do that as a freshman, then I don't think it would be much of a challenge in the future.

That's why I make house rules lol. I guess I need to make another saying I can't make recruiting exceptions when I change jobs in the off-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »