Home

HATE Making Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on HATE Making Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HATE Making Custom Playbooks

Am I the only one that hates making custom playbooks? I've tried a number of times but I feel very overwhelmed and end up hating what I create. Any advice on how to start making a playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: HATE Making Custom Playbooks

If you feeling overwhelmed I would just pick a playbook most similar to the kind you want (navy --> custom flexbone) then go through and remove all formations you don't like.

Once you've removed formations you don't want then just add entire formations (which will include all the plays in that formation) until your out of room.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Cool Hand Luke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HATE Making Custom Playbooks

You should try SimSports.net. Admittedly, I enjoy making custom playbooks, but I feel like this made it much easier than doing it completely in the game. Putting it together on this site allows you to easily look at any formation and see all the plays in each formation at once, instead of scrolling through. I feel like it wasn't quite as overwhelming and tedious this way.

That said, getting to the point of having a full playbook and still feeling like there are plays I want to put in can be pretty frustrating. It's best to start out with a clear idea of what type of offense/defense you want to run. I run the spread option, so my formations are limited to all Shotgun and Pistol sets. Then, with each of the formations I settle on, I start with the option plays in the formation and work out from there.

I totally understand the overwhelming feeling, but for me, I'm very picky, so a custom playbook is the only way I'm going to be able to get close to having a playbook I'm really satisfied with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »