Home

I'm bored: Conference alignment - Euro Football Style!

This is a discussion on I'm bored: Conference alignment - Euro Football Style! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm bored: Conference alignment - Euro Football Style!

So I have some free time on my hand and I am always trying to tweak the game and put it into different scenarios to make it more enjoyable.

What I am going to do is conference alignment in the style of european football. I would think most would know what this is, but just in case you don't, it involved promotion and relegation.

So with NCAA 14, I am going to have 9 conferences of 12, 1 conference of 15 which is the remaining teams minus Air Force, Army and Navy, who I am just going to keep in the Indy conference and not involve them in the relagations and promotions.

SEC is going to be my top conference and the 12 highest rated teams regardless of prestige will be in this conference, the next 12 will be in the Pac12, the next 12 will be in the Big10 and so on. The sunbelt conference will have 15 teams and they will be the 15 lowest rated team on the default team ratings.

Then at the end of the year, in the SEC, since there isn't a promotion, the 2 teams with the worst record, regardless of rating, will get demoted to the Pac12. The two Pac12 teams with the best record will get promoted. Basically for this games purposes, the 2 teams that play in each of the conference championships will get promoted. And the two worst will get demoted.

I will also erase all bcs bowl tie-ins and make them all at large.

Has anybody ever done something like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I'm bored: Conference alignment - Euro Football Style!

I do something like that but I only involve the midmajors and have them tiered so that the best ones are always in the AAC. A link to the setup is in my signature.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I do something like that but I only involve the midmajors and have them tiered so that the best ones are always in the AAC. A link to the setup is in my signature.
Thanks for the response. I will check it out.

But ya I am going to try it with all 126 teams and 11 conferences. Well, minus Army, Navy, Airforce and the indy conference. The offseason of adjusting the conference will be a breeze and will only take a minute. the time consuming part is what I am doing now, which is re organizing all the conferences with the best 12 in the SEC, the next 12 in the Pac, the next 12 in the B10 and so on.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Rookie

I looked at your look. That is pretty impressive.

One thing, there is an editor out for this game? I clicked on other links and saw one. I didn't know this game was an open source game. And in your alignment you mention a 4 team playoff, is that real? Can you really do that?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec4Life
I looked at your look. That is pretty impressive.

One thing, there is an editor out for this game? I clicked on other links and saw one. I didn't know this game was an open source game. And in your alignment you mention a 4 team playoff, is that real? Can you really do that?
Its not open source, just Xanathol put together a great generic editor that has been tailored to the game. That and GeoHot broke the PS3 encryption a couple years back and some of the developments lead to programs to decrypt the PS3 svaes. Between all the hacking community tools have been built to edit certain parts of the game. There are limitations to the things we can do, but right now many people are playing around to see what might just be possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Its not open source, just Xanathol put together a great generic editor that has been tailored to the game. That and GeoHot broke the PS3 encryption a couple years back and some of the developments lead to programs to decrypt the PS3 svaes. Between all the hacking community tools have been built to edit certain parts of the game. There are limitations to the things we can do, but right now many people are playing around to see what might just be possible.
Damn, that is awesome. So there has been an edit to remove the bowls and have a playoff?

Is your relegation save available for download?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec4Life
Damn, that is awesome. So there has been an edit to remove the bowls and have a playoff?

Is your relegation save available for download?
I dont know if anyone has tried removing games, I know they have tried adding them without luck. Right now the playoffs have to be done in two parts, still looking for a cleaner way so that stats are saved from the games, but the original try has a problem that if a user controlled team was part of the playoffs it would not allow them to play the NCG.

No I have just done it some many times that I can quickly align them to start a dynasty and never did any type of quick save.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Rookie

I've been off of these boards for a while but I had no idea there was an editor out there where people are customizing their game. Damn, I am way behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »