Home

Lack of injuries

This is a discussion on Lack of injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lack of injuries

The QB position is one in which you can be a little more lenient on lowering the injury rating. Still, if you can't make it through a game with a 90 injury QB, it begs the question of just what you are doing to him. I'm sure pretty much everyone plays the QB position with reckless abandon regarding the pass rush because it doesn't physically hurt you when your QB gets smashed. If I had to feel the hits that my QB was taking when I was slinging the ball around, I wouldn't be playing quite the same way.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #50
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
The QB position is one in which you can be a little more lenient on lowering the injury rating. Still, if you can't make it through a game with a 90 injury QB, it begs the question of just what you are doing to him. I'm sure pretty much everyone plays the QB position with reckless abandon regarding the pass rush because it doesn't physically hurt you when your QB gets smashed. If I had to feel the hits that my QB was taking when I was slinging the ball around, I wouldn't be playing quite the same way.
Option QBs get hit all the time. It's what they do.

Real life option QBs don't get injured remotely as often as NCAA '14 option QBs.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #51
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I have seen plenty of injuries, mostly to my own team, no matter how hard I try I can't seem to knock out all of my opponents QB's - Im trying to force them to go to their punter after I knock out the three QB's on the game day roster. If you want to see more injuries adjust the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #52
Rookie

I never really liked the injuries in ncaa. It was Always the qb or RB's getting injured. I tried systems like editing the injury rating but to be honest thats just a lot of work.

Having said that i still want to have injuries to my team, so what i do is the following:

After each game i just look at the injuries that Air force has, and 'copy' those (i do not play with Air Force).
So if the backup RG of AF is injured for 4 weeks then i pull my backup RG out of the lineup untill the one of AF is healthy again.
Reason why i pick Air Force is because they are top of the list when scrolling injuries of other teams.

To me it makes it much easier to do this, and still simulate having to have a need for depth to cover for injuries.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
I never really liked the injuries in ncaa. It was Always the qb or RB's getting injured. I tried systems like editing the injury rating but to be honest thats just a lot of work.

Having said that i still want to have injuries to my team, so what i do is the following:

After each game i just look at the injuries that Air force has, and 'copy' those (i do not play with Air Force).
So if the backup RG of AF is injured for 4 weeks then i pull my backup RG out of the lineup untill the one of AF is healthy again.
Reason why i pick Air Force is because they are top of the list when scrolling injuries of other teams.

To me it makes it much easier to do this, and still simulate having to have a need for depth to cover for injuries.
It's not that time consuming at all to edit your players' injury ratings. It's more work if you are just taking over a new team, but once you've got it set you only need to edit incoming freshman. That takes just a couple minutes and its a lot easier than checking another team every week. Also, what you are really missing out on are the in-game injuries which cause players to miss from a couple plays to a couple quarters. Even after editing injuries this is mostly what I get, and it makes the game a lot more fun when you are mounting a drive and having to make adjustments on the fly because one of your players isn't on the field.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #54
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I took the time to edit my teams injury rating a few seasons back in my year old dynasty. In the first 7 seasons i never had more than 3 players injured during that entire period. I was using an older roster file where everyone had an injury rating above 70.

I lowered every rating down 30-40 points and that really opened things up. I started seeing the in game injuries that we see all the time when we watch games. I started getting guys missing time but never more than 2-3 at a time. I just finished a season where I lost my Heisman leading junior QB for 4 weeks, my best corner for 3 weeks, and my starting tailback for 5 weeks. Once my team got healthy I lost my senior LT that had started every game of his career for the season and 2 starting D-lineman for the last 3 games of the year. It tested my depth to the max and forced me to call plays different.

I started a new dynasty with the latest community roster and they have the injury ratings built in. Just finished my first season as the OC at New Mexico. I lost guys in game all the time and lost 3 offensive guys for 3-8 weeks.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #55
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I took the time to edit my teams injury rating a few seasons back in my year old dynasty. In the first 7 seasons i never had more than 3 players injured during that entire period.
Are you saying that in 7 seasons you had a grand total of 3 players injured? If so, I can't imagine that. I never touch injury ratings and I get guys injured all the time (although it's almost always just QBs, HBs, WRs, DBs). Hell, I just lost my HB (82 INJ) in my last game for 9 weeks (which unfortunately is the rest of the season).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 11-22-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #56
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you saying that in 7 seasons you had a grand total of 3 players injured? If so, I can't imagine that. I never touch injury ratings and I get guys injured all the time (although it's almost always just QBs, HBs, WRs, DBs). Hell, I just lost my HB (82 INJ) in my last game for 9 weeks (which unfortunately is the rest of the season).
Yes in 7 total season I had only 3 players get injured. I did play 3 seasons as an OC so I don't count sim injuries which did occur, but I only counted the season I played as a HC where I played every snap. I had a freshman receiver, and 2 QBs go down with more then a game injury. I did have guys miss time in games.

Since I dropped all injury ratings, 1.5 total seasons, I have had way more injuries.

2023 season (first since 30-40 point drop):
-starting QB and Heisman front runner for 5 weeks.
-starting Rs Freshman HB for 4 weeks but missed 6 games.
-#2 true Freshman HB for 2 weeks but missed 3 games.
-starting Junior CB for 3 weeks but missed 5 games.
-starting MLB for 7 weeks but missed the finial 9 games of the season before retiring for the bowl game.
-starting senior LT for 6 weeks but missed final game, SEC title game and bowl game.

2024 season(currently through week 8):
-#4 dime corner for 8 weeks.
-starting Rs Senior OLB/DE out for the season (not sure why he came back for senior year since he is the NCAA and school sack record holder).
-starting RG for season.
-starting senior DT for 3 weeks but missed 5 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »