Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
The only problem with that is I believe you inherit that coaches job security so that kind of sucks. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure.
Well that does suck... Oh well, I wonder if anybody has come up with a way to "pick" a team... I have chosen one the new teams this year and went that route, but I'm sure others have some creative ways to combat, choosing from all the teams in the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #26
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopejay
Well that does suck... Oh well, I wonder if anybody has come up with a way to "pick" a team... I have chosen one the new teams this year and went that route, but I'm sure others have some creative ways to combat, choosing from all the teams in the game...
I believe you could assign every team a number and use a random number generator.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
I recently added some more rules to increase the difficulty, also setting coaching progression to very slow helps a ton as well. I have 11 skill points after 5 years and have a 38-26 record. I have actually enjoyed this dynasty more than any other I have played as I am getting real joy seeing my team even get eligible for a bowl game and seeing as I am slowly building a contender.

RECRUITING RULES:
Leaving Seniors +2
I can only have two more players on my board at any time than I have leaving my program. If I have 15 seniors I can only have a 17 players on my board and I can only sign 17 that season as well. This will help to keep from stacking my roster to easily and flushing out the bad players. If the computer adds players to the class they will be deleted, only the players that I sign will be allowed on the team.
Ranked in Recruits Top 10
I must be in a recruits Top 10 to be able to recruit them. I look at this as these are players that my coaching staff has been recruiting since their sophomore and junior year in high school. We have already identified these kids as who we want in our program and now we are just narrowing down who we are going to bring on campus.
One Athlete
I can only recruit one Athlete each year so I will have to be very careful on who I select.
Two Outsiders
I can recruit two guys who I am not in there Top 10. I will have to be very careful because once they are on my board they are now counted against this limit. This is not, "I can sign two guys", it is I can only recruit two all season long.
One Visit
I can only schedule one visit all year long. This will be a very tough decision on which recruit will be the only one who gets to visit my campus. This makes late season recruiting get very interesting when battling with a couple schools for a kid as they might jump +700 points in a single week and I do not have a good way to make up the difference.
No Scouting
I can not scout any of the prospects that are on my board. Recruiting is to easy for me because I can easily find the best of what I can get to sign with my program without any issue and get those guys on campus. To combat this I will not scout any prospects. Once a kid commits to my program I can then scout him to see what I've got, those Gems and Busts titles are now going to carry a lot more meaning and impact since I will be stuck with these kids. This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed.
Pipelines
After playing 5 seasons I have noticed the new recruiting setup for NCAA 2014 gives you the ability to recruit Nationally very easy. In real life your pipelines and home state are very important to recruiting and few programs easily recruit nationally. To bring this game back better in line with real life I am implementing the following.
Note: These does not apply to my two outsiders as this will be my only mechanism to build new pipelines.
Local (1*): I can only recruit my home state and pipelines.
Close to Home (2* and 3*): I can only recruit my home state, pipelines and states that are within a 200 mile radius of my campus. 350 miles if coastal\US border school.
Regional (4*): I can only recruit my home state, pipelines and states that are within a 400 mile radius of my campus. 600 miles if coastal\US border school.
National (5* and 6*): No distance limitations but all other recruiting rules still apply.

Tools for figuring out distances
School List
Radius Tool

Other Restrictions:
No In Season AWR Development
At the start of the season I will note my QB's AWR attribute and change it back to its original value at the start of each week. I have noticed that human teams QB's progress much quicker than any of the cpu teams do during the season as Human players AWR stats skyrocket in comparison to cpu teams.

SLIDERS:
Heisman Offense
Human/Computer
10/60 Quarterback
50/55 Pass Block
40/50 Catch
50/80 RB Ability
40/85 Run Block

Heisman Defense
Human/Computer
50/80 Pass Coverage
30/30 Interception
50/75 Rush Defense
45/40 Tackling

Adjustments
When I play against an opponent who is rated 97 or higher on offense I will add +5 to each of their offensive sliders, if I play against an opponent who is rated 97 or higher on defense I will add +5 to each of their defensive sliders.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! Really does bring the game back!! I'm going to give it a go..
Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #28
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's something I did when starting out in the beginning you assign all 1 star schools a number using a random number generator you get 3 numbers that are the schools that are interested in you, from there you can pick one of these 3 or another number generator and you have to start at a coordinator. What are your thoughts?

Also as a coordinator you get to put 15 of your guys you want your team to target, but you don't get to talk to the recruits you sim recruiting so it feels like the coach is actually recruiting.

You may, do it the other way around let the cpu build the board and you go talk to the kids which may be the more realistic way.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

dont user pick or catch, just control the re, le, and dt's
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #30
Rookie

When ever I switch coaching jobs or I get a new OC I switch to their playbook so it keeps things interesting and sorta realistic. Not really a house rule but it's a rule I follow
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #31
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeloache
When ever I switch coaching jobs or I get a new OC I switch to their playbook so it keeps things interesting and sorta realistic. Not really a house rule but it's a rule I follow
I do the exact same thing. I do it because I find it weird if a team like Army started running the air raid etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #32
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeloache
I run the HC's playbook as an OC but when I'm a HC I change my OC's playbook to my custom book. Its great to see your coaching tree branch out over time and see teams run your playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »