Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Post any ideas you have for a fun dynasty mode here. Example- Scout dynasty- start as a coordinator a school. You will not play a game. You can only recruit for the first three years. After three years you can take another job. You can take another coordinator job if you have 1 top 25 class. You can take a head coaching job if you have a top 10 class or 2 top 25 class. If you haven't had one yet you go until you meet one of the above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

My latest dynasty house rules are:

-Sim 1st season as existing coach, create coach at end of year and select best offer.
-As an OC/DC no recruiting, all assists are left on. Can add 3 players to recruiting board per year but cannot allot points to them.
-1st year as HC can only recruit from home state, 3* or less
-2nd year as HC same as year 1. Can also recruit from out of state at same * as school prestige
-3rd year as HC can recruit any from home state, out of state must be 3* or less and start in top 3
-Every year after 4 as HC can recruit any from home state, out of state must start in top 3, max of 2 5* recruits, and 3 4* recruits targeted

-No scouting till after player is signed
-60 players on roster once in head coach role
-Must play all rivalry/bowl games

For the head coach rules, they apply to each job so if I take a new HC job after 3 years at one school, I have to start at the 1st year rules at the new school.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
My latest dynasty house rules are:

-Sim 1st season as existing coach, create coach at end of year and select best offer.
-As an OC/DC no recruiting, all assists are left on. Can add 3 players to recruiting board per year but cannot allot points to them.
-1st year as HC can only recruit from home state, 3* or less
-2nd year as HC same as year 1. Can also recruit from out of state at same * as school prestige
-3rd year as HC can recruit any from home state, out of state must be 3* or less and start in top 3
-Every year after 4 as HC can recruit any from home state, out of state must start in top 3, max of 2 5* recruits, and 3 4* recruits targeted

-No scouting till after player is signed
-60 players on roster once in head coach role
-Must play all rivalry/bowl games

For the head coach rules, they apply to each job so if I take a new HC job after 3 years at one school, I have to start at the 1st year rules at the new school.
Wow. Those are intense. But I kinda like them. I really wish I would have used the sim the first season and then start. That way I don't just pick a schhol willy-nilly, I have to see what offers I have. I may end up restarting my dynasty using this as it is kinda growing stale.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules50
Wow. Those are intense. But I kinda like them. I really wish I would have used the sim the first season and then start. That way I don't just pick a schhol willy-nilly, I have to see what offers I have. I may end up restarting my dynasty using this as it is kinda growing stale.
Instead of restarting, you could just sim to the end of the current season of your dynasty and create your new coach then.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Instead of restarting, you could just sim to the end of the current season of your dynasty and create your new coach then.
U can create a new coach at the end of the season? How?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
U can create a new coach at the end of the season? How?
After the bowl games before you advance to the coaching carousel go to coach info and hit rb to create a coach. After that you can go to the coach you were using and making them be under CPU control
Old 01-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

lbj273, Thanks for posting this. That's an awesome idea. I'm eight years into a dynasty and just got my dream job (in my 2nd year there), but I'm gonna give this a try in a new dynasty. I agree that some of the recruiting restrictions are a bit intense and I'll modify them a bit in my dynasty, but I especially love the thought of creating a coordinator after one season and seeing what's offered. I've also hated just randomly picking a school to start my dynasties in the past.

Last edited by Razorback73; 01-03-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Glad we could help. Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »