Home

michigan state defense

This is a discussion on michigan state defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #17
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: michigan state defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
None of the base playbooks move the SS in the box enough to mimic what MSU runs. VT runs a very similar defense (they were pretty good until injuries to their top 2 CBs, a starting LB and general offensive woes wore them down this year).

Basically to run the defense right, you need to run a 4-3 and manually control & hot route the safeties on pretty much every play. Be careful with any of this unless you have a defense rated 90+ with good players in the secondary
actually there is 4-3 formations that move either safety closer to line.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #18
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

OVR: 0

and people keep talking about how good your CB have to be, not even the case as much as it if you cant get pressure on QB, the QB have all day, somebody is gonna be open.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #19
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
How are the SJS Spartans unis. I think I am about to start up a Dynasty with them. Do they start out as a 1* program? How is their team and I know I will struggle alot.
The unis are exactly how they are in real life. They do start out as a 1 star program. They do have some solid WR. To start off, they have some decent WR core with Grigsby and Jones. But both are seniors. However, they have a great slot receiver in Carr. In my 2nd season he set records with career TD's and TD's in one season. Then I had amazing games with Pearce at WR too. However, I run the Oklahoma State offense so I pass a lot. You do have Erich Wilson at running back but he just transferred this year so he has to sit out your first year, unless you don't want to. I did and had Ervin as running back. however, he got injured my first year for the whole year and I had Simpson for most of my games. Solid big back. Of course Fales is a great QB and Jurich is a great QB to replace him after your first year. Their D sucks. One of the worst I've seen. Hightower is a great DB though and he was my best kick returner for 2 years in a row. You'll have some decent seasons with them. However, I'm thinking of leaving them cause I'm getting so frustrated with their awful D.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #20
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Michigan State runs a very aggressive version of cover 4 as their base defense.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #21
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
The unis are exactly how they are in real life. They do start out as a 1 star program. They do have some solid WR. To start off, they have some decent WR core with Grigsby and Jones. But both are seniors. However, they have a great slot receiver in Carr. In my 2nd season he set records with career TD's and TD's in one season. Then I had amazing games with Pearce at WR too. However, I run the Oklahoma State offense so I pass a lot. You do have Erich Wilson at running back but he just transferred this year so he has to sit out your first year, unless you don't want to. I did and had Ervin as running back. however, he got injured my first year for the whole year and I had Simpson for most of my games. Solid big back. Of course Fales is a great QB and Jurich is a great QB to replace him after your first year. Their D sucks. One of the worst I've seen. Hightower is a great DB though and he was my best kick returner for 2 years in a row. You'll have some decent seasons with them. However, I'm thinking of leaving them cause I'm getting so frustrated with their awful D.
Sounds good I am going to start mine up tonight. Only gonna recruit from Cali, texas and Florida lol..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #22
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

I've been playing this type of defense for a very long time. I like to run a TON of man to man, usually leaving one or two safeties over the top for help. I'll even blitz out of those packages too, leaving my corner backs out on an island.

This year however, I've gone with a more Cover 2 base look. I've been zone blitzing more and more due to the fact that so many teams run the spread now. Granted, I've always played as USC in past iterations of the game and I've been lucky to have excellent cover guys on the perimeter. It really all depends on what personnel you have to work with.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #23
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Idk if this is sim but in a game I run man to man about 98% of the time. I change up the formations, blitzes, and safety help. But my corners are almost always man to man.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #24
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

Seems sim to me. if you have shut down corners and can run man it helps a whole lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »