Home

Losing oddly feels good

This is a discussion on Losing oddly feels good within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #9
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Losing oddly feels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKHORSE09
The sim game made me give it up this year. I always start O-Coord and my defense is just gawd dam amazing no matter who I am.
Really! How? Every school I play with as an OC has No.1 rush D but give up 500 passing yards a game and 50 points. I have to win a shootout every game.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Don't get me wrong I like to win, and take a low tier team to the promise land, but in year 1 when I am an OC and I take a team like South Alabama or New Mexico state to a 10-2 record with Wins over teams from Big Conferences dynasty after dynasty it gets old. I try to do everything I can to win, but when your HB is sub Par, Starting QB is 69 overall and Wide outs drop wide opens balls a lot, and defense letting up scores 2 out of 3 drives, it becomes hard to win. But at the end when my Idaho team loses 41-14 to Washington State or 27-21 to North Texas I can not really complain.
I get your point, but South Alabama was a play or two away in all their losses but Navy from winning those games. They could have went 11-1 and that includes the Tennessee game.

http://www.usajaguars.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama
Old 01-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I used some really hard sliders and went 3-9 with Air Force. They went 2-10 in real life so it was the most realistic season I ever had in ncaa football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I took over a 1-star EMU team as OC and I was surprised by how much my defense gave me a chance to win games, even against good opponents. I was limited by my team's lack of true playmakers but won a lot of games just by executing intermediate plays consistently, which was all I could do with the limited talent at my disposal. I wouldn't have complained if my defense got lit up consistently by good opponents, but I saw them mostly give up points after my own turnovers.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #13
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Don't get me wrong I like to win, and take a low tier team to the promise land, but in year 1 when I am an OC and I take a team like South Alabama or New Mexico state to a 10-2 record with Wins over teams from Big Conferences dynasty after dynasty it gets old. I try to do everything I can to win, but when your HB is sub Par, Starting QB is 69 overall and Wide outs drop wide opens balls a lot, and defense letting up scores 2 out of 3 drives, it becomes hard to win. But at the end when my Idaho team loses 41-14 to Washington State or 27-21 to North Texas I can not really complain.
True. I don't think it's that easy to take someone to the top in year one though. At least for me, but I'm a simulation player, I sim most of my games.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

personally I think its about a challenge and not feeling cheated in losses.
This is the first year that I actually played 3/4 seasons in an EA football game despite the heavy amount of losses.
The reason being was that the games felt very organic. Even when the CPU would come back it felt organic.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #15
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I went 2-10 and 4-8 my first two seasons as the OC at UMass and loving it! Great sliders and great rosters can really make a difference.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 AM   #16
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I used some really hard sliders and went 3-9 with Air Force. They went 2-10 in real life so it was the most realistic season I ever had in ncaa football.
I'm currently playing a dynasty with Air Force and am 0-4. Good to know I'm not the only one struggling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »