Home

What are your best dynasty stories?

This is a discussion on What are your best dynasty stories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2020, 08:23 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What are your best dynasty stories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Oddly, my most enjoyable seasons are the ones that are very unspectacular. Way back on NCAA '04 I had an underachieving 5-7 season with Washington. The whole season was a struggle just trying to become bowl eligible. But every game was big.....and never a sure thing. While losing those games was frustrating, there was something realistic about it.

I have had plenty more succesful seasons that had there share of late game heroics. But those often felt like I was just playing a video game. I guess I am a jaded old gamer at this point.
These types of seasons are the ones that stand out the most to me going back to the PS2 days. I remember a 2-10 season after taking over a probation marred Nebraska team where I only beat 2 FCS teams. By the time I got that team to 9 wins I felt like a miracle worker.

I remember being hyped up about what I thought was a stacked ECU squad I had built but had glaring holes at OL and LB so my QB got beat up, injured a few times and I had major issues against the run. What I thought was going to be a possible unbeaten year ended up being 9-4 which was a major disappointment, yet was realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2020, 11:26 AM   #82
Rookie

mate04's Arena

OVR: 0

I got 2.

With my New Mexico dynasty on NCAA 12 in around years 7-8 I got my 2nd Heisman winner running back and he was only a junior. Next year I got him to come back so he could maybe get another. When preseason rolled around he was top of the heisman watch and it looked to be a lock. Well he got injured almost midway into the season and lost it. Really what are the odds?
Second is a shorter one. Around the same time as the first I got this 4 star ATH who could play OLB or TE but I ended up putting him on defense with the thought of maybe some day getting him at TE. Well years went by and in his Junior season he busted out on the scene winning the Butkus award and becoming an all-American. So in the Orange bowl against GA Tech I was starting to pull away so I put him in at TE after a great bowl game performance on defense. And maybe the first or second play he was in I throw him the ball on the corner route and it is nearly pick but he snagged and took it all the way to the house. It was a great moment.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #83
Pro

My 99 overall redshirt junior got benched mid-game in a top-10 matchup vs. Auburn. He was hurt the previous year and played horribly the first few games. The backup came in and rallied the team from down 17 to win. He had 100 yards and 3 touchdowns rushing.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:54 AM   #84
Rookie

Spent 7 years at Tennessee, was very challenging to get the vols back on top of the cfb world. With multiple 6,7, win seasons. But, around year 5 is where everything changed (as i thought). We were sitting at 10-1 and #2 in the nation with the last game against arch rival 8-4 Vandy. Vandy was 1 game behind me in the SEC east standings but, i wasn't worried. Turns out Vanderbilt decided to play their best game of all time against us. scoring 50 points, and a 31 point blowout against us to win the east and knock us out the national championship. so we finish 10-2 and have to settle for a measly outback bowl. I will never be more disappointed as i was that day.

Last edited by Pacers fan 087; 02-29-2020 at 01:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »