Home

Temaat89's Relegation System

This is a discussion on Temaat89's Relegation System within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Temaat89's Relegation System

I want to start of by thanking Timeetyo and JoshC1977 for the inspiration for this relegation system. Also because this is sort of a combination of both of their systems.
JoshC1977's
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html
Timeetyo's
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

How it works
I have set this relegation system to be a 4 tier system with 4 regions. All of the Elite and Mid tier conferences have 2 divisions. Regions are geographically based.

See attached picture for the tier/region layout

Relegations
Low -> Mid: Best eligible team (1 team total)
Mid -> Low: Worst eligible team from the same region as the low promotion (1 team total)
Mid -> High: Conference champions or best available (2 teams total)
High -> Mid: Worst eligible teams from the same region as the mid promotions (2 teams total)
High -> Elite: Conference champions or best available (4 teams total)
Elite -> High: Worst eligible teams from the same region divisions as the high promotions (4 teams total)

Once a team gets promoted or demoted, that team is stuck in their new tier for 2 years. This will help prevent borderline teams from jumping back and forth between tier and help create stability.

It is important to keep teams in their same region & division or else conferences will start to lose their geographical ties. I have attached a spreadsheet showing what teams are in what tier, region and division (it will also help for tracking purposes so you will know if a team is eligible for relegation). If you notice, I've set the teams based on JoshC's regions except with 4 tiers instead of 3.

BCS Ties
BIG12 - ANY
PAC12 - ANY
BIG10 - ANY
SEC - ANY
AAC and MWC - Fiesta Bowl
MAC and ACC - Orange Bowl

Also, I am using a point system for the Independent schools rather than going based on overall record due to some teams schedules being harder than others. A team with a harder schedule with no FCS teams shouldn't be punished because a team with an easier schedule but played 2-3 FCS teams has a better record than them. This is just a personal preference and not needed for this system

5 pts- beating a top-ten opponent
4 pts- beating a top-25 team
3 pts- beating an unranked elite-tier
2 pts- beating an unranked high-tier
1 pt- beating any other team(not FCS)

To make it easier, I assign points based on the end of the year rankings.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I will answer the best I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tiers.jpg (48.6 KB, 260 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA Relegation.zip (14.1 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by temaat89; 01-09-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Temaat89's Relegation System

I like the relegation systems and started one based on the others you had mentioned. I really like the direction you have taken it.

In regards to the 2 year relegation/promotion requirement, how does it work? For example, Teams A, B, C, and D are promoted to the Elite level. After completing that first season, A, B, C, and D, regardless of where they finished, are immune to relegation. If we assume they would have been relegated, do we then go to the next lowest rated 4 teams in the Elite division?

2014 -- A, B, C, and D finish at the top of the High and are promoted; E, F, G, and H are relegated to High for finishing at the bottom of the Elite Division.

2015 -- A, B, C, and D are immune from being relegated from High....E, F, G, and H are immune from being relegated to Mid and immune from being promoted to Elite. So the next 4 teams at the bottom of Elite are relegated and replaced by 4 teams (not including E, F, G, or H).

2016 -- A, B, C, and D can be relegated; E, F, G, and H can be relegated to Mid or promoted to Elite based on where they finished.

Am I understanding that correctly?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Rookie

Yes, you are correct. However, it's not necessarily the 4 worst in the elite tier that would get regulated. For example, team A wins the AAC and will move into the Mountain division of the Big 12 (assuming team A is eligible). Team E finished with the worst record in the Big 12, and is eligible for relegation but is in the plains division. Team E would not be relegated to the AAC; the team with the worst record (and eligible) in the mountain division.

The same type of thing would happen if a team from the Western division of C-USA won their conference (again assuming eligibility). Only a team from the MWC would be relegated to the mid tier and the AAC would have no team relegated down to the Mid tier.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

shoot_tastes's Arena

SEC Bluegrass is OP. Same with B1G Rural and SEC Swamp to a lesser degree

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »