Home

What is the difference between Varsity/AA/Heisman?

This is a discussion on What is the difference between Varsity/AA/Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

tko27's Arena

OVR: 2
What is the difference between Varsity/AA/Heisman?

Can anyone give me a detailed description of the difference between varsity/all-american/heisman?

I'm playing in an online dynasty on all-american now with a buddy and have tweaked the sliders as much as I can (quite a few are at 100 or 0). We have difficult games, but seem to be able to win just about every week. I'm tempted to keep the sliders but push the difficulty to heisman but I don't know what will happen. Will it completely destroy my slider set? Will I start to see unfair or cheap things from the CPU? The last thing I want to do is completely throw things out of whack.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What is the difference between Varsity/AA/Heisman?

The answer is not as complicated as you might think.

Basically, Freshman level gives HUM a huge boost and dumbs down the CPU beyond belief. Even with CPU sliders maxed at 100, and HUM at 0, you can still blow the CPU out.

At Varsity, the HUM still receives a boost though not as extreme as Freshman. Again, sliders do very little here though many slider creators, both past and present have tried, achieving consistent realism at this level is difficult.

At All-American, the HUM and CPU are dead even. Slider adjustments make a difference here and you can have some pretty exciting and realistic outcomes to games played but in my opinion, if you know how to play the game you can still make the CPU look silly.

At Heisman, the CPU receives a dramatic boost, similar to what the HUM receives at Freshman. With sliders that favor the CPU at Heisman, the game can be very frustrating and downright unplayable. There is a much higher sense of achievement in doing well at this level however once you figure out the kinks. The other issue with Heisman is a comeback code thats tailored to allow the CPU to come back late in the game, giving you some stress in the process. I've played games where I'm winning 28-3 entering the fourth quarter only to lose due to forced turnovers and special teams showcases by the CPU. A small note, the only times the CPU have successfully scored a touchdown on a Hail Mary have been on Heisman, at least in my experience.

This year, coaching skills have a significant impact on how these levels play out so with an experienced coach and the right slider settings, Heisman is most likely the best setting to roll with, despite its few quirks and shortcomings (ie. CPU loves to go for it on 4th and 10 any time they've made it past the 50 - this also applies to the off chance that the CPU has a brain fart and attempts a 55-60 yard field goal in the same scenario.. almost always resulting in a return for you should you have decided to call a FG Block Return play.. if you are going to roll with Heisman, have the discipline to not call the Return play as it gives you an unfair advantage over shotty CPU playcalling that won't be fixed with a patch, ever.)
Old 01-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

OVR: 0

Could this be said for an off line dynasty as well? Probably a dumb question, I know.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Rookie

tko27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Moncrief
The answer is not as complicated as you might think.

Basically, Freshman level gives HUM a huge boost and dumbs down the CPU beyond belief. Even with CPU sliders maxed at 100, and HUM at 0, you can still blow the CPU out.

At Varsity, the HUM still receives a boost though not as extreme as Freshman. Again, sliders do very little here though many slider creators, both past and present have tried, achieving consistent realism at this level is difficult.

At All-American, the HUM and CPU are dead even. Slider adjustments make a difference here and you can have some pretty exciting and realistic outcomes to games played but in my opinion, if you know how to play the game you can still make the CPU look silly.

At Heisman, the CPU receives a dramatic boost, similar to what the HUM receives at Freshman. With sliders that favor the CPU at Heisman, the game can be very frustrating and downright unplayable. There is a much higher sense of achievement in doing well at this level however once you figure out the kinks. The other issue with Heisman is a comeback code thats tailored to allow the CPU to come back late in the game, giving you some stress in the process. I've played games where I'm winning 28-3 entering the fourth quarter only to lose due to forced turnovers and special teams showcases by the CPU. A small note, the only times the CPU have successfully scored a touchdown on a Hail Mary have been on Heisman, at least in my experience.

This year, coaching skills have a significant impact on how these levels play out so with an experienced coach and the right slider settings, Heisman is most likely the best setting to roll with, despite its few quirks and shortcomings (ie. CPU loves to go for it on 4th and 10 any time they've made it past the 50 - this also applies to the off chance that the CPU has a brain fart and attempts a 55-60 yard field goal in the same scenario.. almost always resulting in a return for you should you have decided to call a FG Block Return play.. if you are going to roll with Heisman, have the discipline to not call the Return play as it gives you an unfair advantage over shotty CPU playcalling that won't be fixed with a patch, ever.)
Thanks Moncrief. Great explanation. My buddy and I are good on AA, but our teams still struggle against top-level competition. For example, my buddy lost with Western Kentucky last night at Auburn - as he should have - and it wasn't pretty. However, when we get into conference play we both roll right through. I'm trying to find a way to make games against similarly-matched opponents difficult. It would be nice to lose more than just non-conference games.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I play on AA with the sliders in my favor and the game is a nice difficulty. The difference between Varsity and AA is that in Varsity the human team get's a boost. On Heisman, the computer cheats and is almost unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »