Home

Explosive offense

This is a discussion on Explosive offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #25
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Explosive offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
I prefer Northern Illinois' playbook myself. I was never able to settle on one playbook until now. There is a good mix of Shotgun, Pistol, and Undercenter. I can power run, read option, or air it out. Definitely a good balance of everything.
I ran a game with NIU's PB last night. I liked it but IDK if its for me yet. I really like only using my top 3 wr's on the field at most with the TE unless one is hurt or just had to sub in due to fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

I think an ace/singleback playbook would work,
Old 01-18-2014, 02:57 AM   #27
Banned

jt2000's Arena

If you a explosive offense. Go look up my FSU Fastbreak playbook (full no huddle). Its on simports.net and ranked #2 overall out of 700+ playbooks for a reason.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000
If you a explosive offense. Go look up my FSU Fastbreak playbook (full no huddle). Its on simports.net and ranked #2 overall out of 700+ playbooks for a reason.
IMO that is a bad playbook. It may have just been me not knowing how to use it but the team I had should have been perfect for it. I was going to sim a year and create a coach and take an offer. I accidentally missed the point where you create him so I had to sim a second year. Got the OC job at Oregon with Mariota returning for his senior year with 96 speed. Had lots of great players and I could never really move the ball.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
And you know where they ALL learned it from? Bill Snyder. K-State has a pretty good playbook, though I'm obviously biased.
I'm pretty certain none of those guys ever coached with Snyder, nor has Snyder's name ever been mentioned alongside someone who developed the spread.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #30
Pro

Does anyone like the pistol trying it now and that is all i have in the playbook. Searching for right playbook to play with my new squad. UK in year 2022 now that i'm HC.

What are some good pistol play books b/c the generic one isn't cutting it.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #31
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
Does anyone like the pistol trying it now and that is all i have in the playbook. Searching for right playbook to play with my new squad. UK in year 2022 now that i'm HC.

What are some good pistol play books b/c the generic one isn't cutting it.
I use Oklahoma State's. Now it's considered Air Raid but it's mainly pistol. Only time the QB is under center is during goal line formations. Lot's of read options. I think there's a play called the playaction counter which works really well. I think the formation is where there's a full back to the left, QB in pistol formation, running back behind. unless the defense plays a deep zone with the safety, the slot receiver is almost always open for a huge play. However, if the defense blitzes, you're screwed because its a very long playaction. But OK State's playbook is amazing. I've been using it on and off, mostly on for 3 years

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #32
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

I like it but it is taking me time to get used to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »