Home

Explosive offense

This is a discussion on Explosive offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Explosive offense

What is a good playbook for a explosive offense yet balance. In year 6 finally got a HC job of my ala matta.

Want an playbook that have a variety that has a balance of runs and pass but creative plays as same time.

Want a balance o not really sure how i'm run my offense i'm pass happy in general but really don't want to do the spread since i want to have some sort of running game.

my highest rated player maybe 82 max. just took over a cajuns team.
first few games i'm let cpu play to see how my O/D coordinators run the team.

Also move them to the SEC and Kentucky to sunbelt even tho they was rank in top 25 they was only 2 star compared my cajuns and every one else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Explosive offense

I think an ace/singleback playbook would work, though I'm not sure which is the best or even which schools run it. It will put a lot of receivers on the field while still runs come from the QB under center and the RB deep. The great thing about these formations is with the ability to audible to a run in the same formation, you can call the pass play you want and if the defense gives you a really open look, you can switch to the run play and gash them up the middle really quick.

There were some real money plays out of this scheme in NCAA12, though I haven't run this type of scheme in 14.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #3
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I think an ace/singleback playbook would work, though I'm not sure which is the best or even which schools run it. It will put a lot of receivers on the field while still runs come from the QB under center and the RB deep. The great thing about these formations is with the ability to audible to a run in the same formation, you can call the pass play you want and if the defense gives you a really open look, you can switch to the run play and gash them up the middle really quick.

There were some real money plays out of this scheme in NCAA12, though I haven't run this type of scheme in 14.
I agree with the one back scheme. I would take what he said and put in some duel back formations. I put a couple duel back playbooks together at simsports.net If you want to take a look. Look under johntom2000

Last edited by jt2000; 01-11-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
Want a balance o not really sure how i'm run my offense i'm pass happy in general but really don't want to do the spread since i want to have some sort of running game.
Huh? You know "spread" doesn't mean Air Raid or something like Joe Tiller's offense right? Auburn and Oregon have kept pace with the triple option teams in terms of rushing yards going spread. Urban Meyer's teams have been great rushing teams. As have Rich Rodriguez's. Bishop Sankey of UW ran for 1870 yards in a spread offense this year. 9 of the top 16 teams in rushing yards per game this year were "spread" teams.

I would look at some spread books, don't rule them out.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #5
Pro

Spread all the way. If CPU comes out in Dime, leaving only 5 in the box you can easily run it up the middle. If CPU stacks the box with 6/7 guys you'll have an open WR or one-on-one coverage outside.

As a bonus, if you have a mobile QB you can really torch a defense with him (nice to have but not necessary).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Check out Boise State's playbook. Has a nice mix of runs and passes in shotgun as well. I typically avg over 40 points a game
Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I like the Pistol myself. Tons of run. Options, etc. Also you did say you like to pass too. Lots of plays that set up big passing gains once you get the running game going. I play with the pistol at SJSU and sometimes I don't even notice how balanced I am with the pass and run

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 01-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I like the Pistol myself. Tons of run. Options, etc. Also you did say you like to pass too. Lots of plays that set up big passing gains once you get the running game going. I play with the pistol at SJSU and sometimes I don't even notice how balanced I am with the pass and run
I never really gave the pistol its fair due until I started playing with A&M using their playbook. Running the ball out of it is not difficult at all like it is with shotgun, in fact its very simple to get 5-10 yards with a fast HB on nearly every play. The only complaint I have is that the passing game, at least in their playbook, seems to be build mostly on flooding zones, which can be difficult to execute against a dominant defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »