Home

To burn a red shirt?

This is a discussion on To burn a red shirt? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: To burn a red shirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
People here talk about playing realistically, then they suggest converting a guy from WR to start at QB midway through a season.

In this case, in real life, the coach would play the best QB that he has. If it's the guy that is redshirting, he would most likely play. You don't sacrifice a season to save one player.

Ryan Tannehill was a WR. Worked out pretty well.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
People here talk about playing realistically, then they suggest converting a guy from WR to start at QB midway through a season.

In this case, in real life, the coach would play the best QB that he has. If it's the guy that is redshirting, he would most likely play. You don't sacrifice a season to save one player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Ryan Tannehill was a WR. Worked out pretty well.
Devin Gardner went from WR to QB midway through the season. In fairness he was a QB playing WR, but still he hadn't practiced at all as QB all season long.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #19
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Devin Gardner went from WR to QB midway through the season. In fairness he was a QB playing WR, but still he hadn't practiced at all as QB all season long.
Yeah but he said that because Tannehill is good.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #20
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's fantastic if it works out that way. I don't think that most people playing this game have a lot of WR on their roster with good throwing ratings, though. At least, not good enough to be anywhere near as good as their backup QB or a player being redshirted. Guys like Tannehill and Gardner are exceptions - Gardner had been a QB on the roster before and so had Tannehill. They weren't guys that had just played some QB in high school four years ago.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #21
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
That's fantastic if it works out that way. I don't think that most people playing this game have a lot of WR on their roster with good throwing ratings, though. At least, not good enough to be anywhere near as good as their backup QB or a player being redshirted. Guys like Tannehill and Gardner are exceptions - Gardner had been a QB on the roster before and so had Tannehill. They weren't guys that had just played some QB in high school four years ago.
It sounds like the OP has mostly default roster guys so he may not, but I'd imagine most people with generated recruits do. On my team I always have a couple HB, WR, or CBs with passing abilities in the 80s. I never play them at QB because I always have 4 QBs but there are TONs of ATHs that can play QB, HB, WR, and/or CB.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »