Home

The NCAA Football Offseason Seems So Much Longer

This is a discussion on The NCAA Football Offseason Seems So Much Longer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
This is why I can't justify upgrading to the next gen consoles. I'm strictly a sports gamer and I've already dwindled my games down to only a couple a year. I burned out on baseball games years ago and favored the Xbox over the PS3 so, I missed out on The Show. I'd occasionally get a Tiger Woods, or a boxing game or even a tennis game but, I was essentially down to NCAA, Madden, and NBA 2K. And honestly, I spend more time with NCAA than the other two combined.

I can give a rip about all of the other things the new consoles can do. Most of the things are redundant. They're either on my phone, laptop, tablet, Bluray player, smart TV, Direct TV, etc. and I really have no desire to talk out loud to my TV.

So, I can't justify buying a console to essentially play two games, one (Madden) that I'm not really all that fond of. I hate the XP direction they've gone in. I loved the recruiting aspect of NCAA. I'm hoping they keep the servers up, throw some more uniforms out there and keep it going as long as possible. They could sell uniforms and a "playoff package" and make good money without actually making a new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #26
Just started!

alvin mack56's Arena

OVR: 1
East Carolina ,not east caronlina ,good article though!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #27
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA Football Offseason Seems So Much Longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by $NevaBroke$
I have faith 2K, THQ or SCEA will step up and bring this game to next-gen. I can only imagine the jaw-dropping possibilities if the makers of The Show put their hands on ncaa football. We do have good soup to reheat as of now, if we choose to.
What does The Show have to do with making a good football game? The Show is good because the devs love baseball. Just look at 2k. They make a great basketball game and not so much with hockey and baseball.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
enjoy until they pull the plug on the servers
Old 02-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #29
aka Messy Thrillz

$NevaBroke$'s Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
What does The Show have to do with making a good football game? The Show is good because the devs love baseball. Just look at 2k. They make a great basketball game and not so much with hockey and baseball.
Like I said if the makers of The Show actually made the ncaa football game, meaning having the same passion. Stop trolling and let me live lol
Old 04-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4
It doesn't bother me much. While I don't like how a diva ex athlete can stop a company from making games, EA's football games have disappointed me for years. NCAA Football 14 in particular was just a poor effort imo. A football game with hardly any injuries or penalties, inexcusable. I hope another company can come through for us and make a good game showcasing the sport that I love.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #31
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
With Xanathol's Editor's, we basically have the ability to create/altar the game to make it seem fresh and new.

I'm still surprised that such a large number of gamer's still don't know/use this life saver for both NCAA and Madden.
Along with Tdawg and his Excel Workbooks, editing is a snap now.

I've always wondered how much more of the game's would be opened up to us if "MORE" of the community was in on tinkering and giving feedback utilizing the Editor's.

And there's still yet so much more at our front door to find out with manipulating these football games as the Installed Game on the CG HDD has yet to be really tapped into.

Once we get a working script for BGFA file headers, all of the visual stuff we clamor to edit (personal Uni's etc...) will become available (I have all the .png files used by EA for Uniform Parts)

Simply playing these games from Camera angles that are locked to the gamer makes these games play entirely different (still trying to find the combination to make them fixed/user defined)
--- (PM me if you want to help tinker in this area)

So we still could have a NCAA 15 by/before July for CG.

to much acronym for me to follow, CG, CG HDD, BGFA.

anyhow, i haven't messed with the editors, therefore i don't even know how they work. What ever the project becomes, i want to be in on the ground level as far as having an ncaa '15.

please keep posted.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #32
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

someone needs to start a thread when we figure out uniform manipulation. that will be BIG

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »