Home

Players that didn't live up to your expectations

This is a discussion on Players that didn't live up to your expectations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2014, 06:46 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Players that didn't live up to your expectations

I recruited a five star running back,
Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #10
Banned

I recruited a five star running back,
Old 02-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

For me.. it was a player that wasn't even on my team. Back on NCAA 2009 for the PS2. His name was Michael Jackson and he was the greatest high school football player the world had ever seen. At 6'3 205lbs, listed as an ATH, he caught 137 passes his senior year for 2173 yards and 66 TDs. Averaged 217 yards and 5 TDs a game, and only dropped 4 passes all year long. He also ran a 4.20 40 yard dash.

He was obviously heavily recruited, and he ended up choosing his home town team Alabama (who actually wasn't even on his starting list). Came in as an 86 overall, which was lower then I thought he would be considering his godly stats. He finished his career a 99 overall of course, with ratings off the charts, but never won any awards and I don't even think he was ever an All-American.

Thought this guy was gonna be the greatest player of all time and set every record but he had a very quiet career for the Tide. The only reason I can think of for his disappointing career is he may have had a very low discipline rating and gotten himself suspended a few times. I believe the CPU always picks the default punishment and there are some violations where the default is to suspend for the entire season, so maybe he just got himself into trouble.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 02-21-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
For me.. it was a player that wasn't even on my team. Back on NCAA 2009 for the PS2. His name was Michael Jackson and he was the greatest high school football player the world had ever seen. At 6'3 205lbs, listed as an ATH, he caught 137 passes his senior year for 2173 yards and 66 TDs. Averaged 217 yards and 5 TDs a game, and only dropped 4 passes all year long. He also ran a 4.20 40 yard dash.

He was obviously heavily recruited, and he ended up choosing his home town team Alabama (who actually wasn't even on his starting list). Came in as an 86 overall, which was lower then I thought he would be considering his godly stats. He finished his career a 99 overall of course, with ratings off the charts, but never won any awards and I don't even think he was ever an All-American.

Thought this guy was gonna be the greatest player of all time and set every record but he had a very quiet career for the Tide. The only reason I can think of for his disappointing career is he may have had a very low discipline rating and gotten himself suspended a few times. I believe the CPU always picks the default punishment and there are some violations where the default is to suspend for the entire season, so maybe he just got himself into trouble.
66 Touchdowns? Did anyone else on his High School team even touch the ball?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
66 Touchdowns? Did anyone else on his High School team even touch the ball?

I don't think so haha

besides the QB
Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #14
MVP

brent3419's Arena

collin adams my rs fr qb replacing my multi award winning qb in my 2027 dyn, dude has a bazooka arm for a 3 star when i was scouting him and i was drooling over the fact he was 6-7 and could sling the rock i redshirted him and i was soooooooo excited to have him replace mayhew who was basically like a manziel style qb, first game i was pumped then i threw the first pass......then the incompetions started piling, i was like this the guy thats going to break records????? his throw power overpowers his acc which makes it tough on some of his throws

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 02-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #15
Banned

All Everything in college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 05:33 AM   #16
Banned

All Everything in college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »